test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Talk about people abusing the system!

dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I really at to criticise this game or the developer but "Silence bans" Should have to go through a GM or something. I just received this about 15 min ago. I have not spoken in /Zone chat other than post for LFG. I got several /whispers about no way my GS is as high as I was posting then I got silenced..... Talk about a clear case of Haters going to hate... is it my fault that im 11124gs.... is it my fault that my groups get bosses cleared and I've had great luck on gear drops.... These kids need to grow up.
"The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
Post edited by dragonsbane3 on

Comments

• Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I sympathise with you.

I still can't imagine how anyone could possibly think that it was a good idea to have automated ban system in place based on others user actions, but such is the 'system' we have now.
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This system makes no sense. It is too easy for someone to not like something you say, even if it is unoffensive and on topic, and then just keep reporting you everytime you post in public chat. This filter system is over the top. Just let people be ignored. and be done with it.

Sure gold sellers are annoying and most likely the reason this system is in place but there should be a better way. One way utilized by other games is a name filter that makes players have names that make sense. Then the gold sellers can't just type in NJFNISDH and make a toon. They have to use a set ratio of vowels to consonants. It isn't a solution as much as it is a speed bump. With densely populated MMOs most names will be taken and it will take them longer to get in and start their process.

Like I said not a solution, just a thought.
  • Options
    phat320phat320 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Time to report every person I see in game, so I can have the whole server to myself. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Use this Induction I.D for free stuffs :D

6700125G000808000000100S15fb1f
  • Options
    direcrowdirecrow Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    phat320 wrote: »
    Time to report every person I see in game, so I can have the whole server to myself. :cool:

You know you say that as a joke, but it would kind of be the ultimate point and bad publicity if you could somehow mute the entire server, and drive home the point that its really an awful, lazy system.
    Mindflayer Shard - @direcrow
    The Dire Crow - Tiefling TR
    Alice L'ddell - Human GF
    Ludovique - Tiefling DC
  • Options
    archaicsealarchaicseal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry man, but I have come to realize that nothing is going to change in this game. Sure, bugs will be ironed out and the game will run better in the end. But I dont believe things like the chat mute will be changed, or prices in the zen store, or the need/greed system, or the pay to win aspects (top enchant gems wardstones and the ability to buy end game gear in the AH).

This company doesnt want to listen to its player base and their complaints, comments or ideas. I have seen this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> happen before with Funcom and Age of Conan. So, though I bought the 60 Pack and some zen for bags, I have finally come to the decision to not spend anymore money with PWE/Cryptic. And it is quite sad, because cryptic makes pretty good games, but PWEs business model is terrible beyond words (hence their BBB rating it seems.) For the moment, like many others out there, I will be playing NWO casually and without investment until ESO comes out.

Seriously. FREE2PLAY but PAY4FUN really sucks. Especially since in the long run you will spend far more than you would on a monthly sub. Just as the penny arcade comic about league of legends points out.
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I still can't imagine how anyone could possibly think that it was a good idea to have automated ban system in place based on others user actions, but such is the 'system' we have now.

We've been thinking that for years over on CO/STO. Still haven't gotten a good answer out of anyone yet.

Good luck.
  • Options
    beamanbrbeamanbr Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I sympathise with you.

Really? I can easily:

"Players complain about gold farmers, what do we do to fix that without having to deal with it ourselves?"
    "Let the players ban the gold farmers themselves!"
    "Brilliant! Will that cause any other issues you think?"
    "Who cares, next topic!"
  • Options
    nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah this type of stuff happens in STO and CO all the time. Its a good idea thats badly implemented.
  • Options
    lucidp2klucidp2k Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really at to criticise this game or the developer but "Silence bans" Should have to go through a GM or something. I just received this about 15 min ago. I have not spoken in /Zone chat other than post for LFG. I got several /whispers about no way my GS is as high as I was posting then I got silenced..... Talk about a clear case of Haters going to hate... is it my fault that im 11124gs.... is it my fault that my groups get bosses cleared and I've had great luck on gear drops.... These kids need to grow up.

Were you one of the people that spammed 10 rows in succession with your looking for group message? Because I've /ignored about 15 of those people in the last hour. Nothing like seeing the same message 10 times in 2 seconds.
    gwhEUci.png
    Spend less time complaining about shop prices and more time improving your salary.
  • Options
    vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I guess the company expected to have players that acted like adults and therefore had a system that kids could abuse. Pity we cannot have good things
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Did you not read that guy's earlier thread of how the chat ban system works? How it can be abused?