test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction house broken as ****

ownagekillz23ownagekillz23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
1. Search items by a level range? NOPE, doesn't work.
The "level:[] - []" search is USELESS!
2. Sort all the items? NOPE, just the 6 items on the page you're on.

I thank the genius who coded the auction house search.
Post edited by ownagekillz23 on

Comments

• Options
    slizzerecslizzerec Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I cannot get the Auction Broker filter to work neither, it's hell annoying, seeing lvl 6-8-16-22-32 and so... and I'm lvl 40.
  • Options
    ownagekillz23ownagekillz23 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    slizzerec wrote: »
    I cannot get the Auction Broker filter to work neither, it's hell annoying, seeing lvl 6-8-16-22-32 and so... and I'm lvl 40.

yeah it sucks!

they should hang the person who made it
  • Options
    scelusinglorionscelusinglorion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bumb... This is so annoying, Searching for level 60 gear.. yeah I want to see all the ****ty 26 gear.. of course... *No I don't, this is known as sarcasim*
    Really, searching algorithms have been in computing for a while, ok wait since computing STARTED.

Seriously fix this.
  • Options
    acoil9513acoil9513 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree.
    The auction house really needs a fix, everything with it is bad.
    You cant search for a specific stat you want, you cant use level search you'll find under/overlevel items.
    The only thing that is working fine is the "Usable by me".
  • Options
    toolkit68toolkit68 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to add to this as well. Some of the features work when/if you use the gateway-service - but also just parts of it. Level search seems to work on the gateway - isnt working ingame. Sorting columns - same as above posters said isnt really working on the entire search , but only on the presented lines (smells like a http list?). Name search - unfortunately the same as above. No wildcard search possible or even a search for a similar object.

Please dear developers - look into this asap as this feature is kind of vital for us to have. Without a functioning auctionhouse everything we provide via professions is just waste and has to be sold to a vendor instead as players cant find the player created stuff. Same goes for dedicated search for companion gear - as it is right now its impossoble to find gear for a certain level or level range.

There are 2 reasons why you would like to position this a bit higher on your list of things to do:

- The most obvious is the reduction in overall lag because with a decent functioning search people dont have to stay in the enclave constantly - less players in zone means less lag and overall system stress
    - Mid to long term playing of players. As it is right now its so annoying that it frustrates many players - me included. I question my time investment into professions already as i am not able to set my 'products' for sale in a decent way at all. If the only way to get them sold is via a chat spam i would and will pretty quickly quit this game again.
  • Options
    willstrwillstr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 79
    edited May 2013
    Level filter not working for me too, considered its a beta, but please take into consideration.
  • Options
    uljirauljira Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm actually not even able to buy anything. Clicking buy [and I have enough AD] just leaves the dialog box with no effect. I've tried from the in-game menu and from the actual vendor in the protector's enclave.
  • Options
    ydnardotisdaydnardotisda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    toolkit68 wrote: »
    I have to add to this as well. Some of the features work when/if you use the gateway-service - but also just parts of it. Level search seems to work on the gateway - isnt working ingame. Sorting columns - same as above posters said isnt really working on the entire search , but only on the presented lines (smells like a http list?). Name search - unfortunately the same as above. No wildcard search possible or even a search for a similar object.

Please dear developers - look into this asap as this feature is kind of vital for us to have. Without a functioning auctionhouse everything we provide via professions is just waste and has to be sold to a vendor instead as players cant find the player created stuff. Same goes for dedicated search for companion gear - as it is right now its impossoble to find gear for a certain level or level range.

There are 2 reasons why you would like to position this a bit higher on your list of things to do:

- The most obvious is the reduction in overall lag because with a decent functioning search people dont have to stay in the enclave constantly - less players in zone means less lag and overall system stress
    - Mid to long term playing of players. As it is right now its so annoying that it frustrates many players - me included. I question my time investment into professions already as i am not able to set my 'products' for sale in a decent way at all. If the only way to get them sold is via a chat spam i would and will pretty quickly quit this game again.

I had zero luck with level search on the gateway and so did the members of my guild.
  • Options
    ydnardotisdaydnardotisda Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    willstr wrote: »
    Level filter not working for me too, considered its a beta, but please take into consideration.

True, but something as nominal as filters for AH searches is something that should have easily been put into place back in CB days.

Now as to how easy or hard it is to code, I know nothing. But after having been a part of possibly hundreds of CB's and OB's, this is something is there and reliable right off the bat in most cases. Generally referred to as a No-Brainer.

All that being said, I'm not super pissed off about it or anything like that. I am really enjoying the game, but this seems to be a major issue for a LOT of people and should be addressed as somewhat of a priority.
  • Options
    northwind2008northwind2008 Member Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    1.) Level filter doesn't work
    2.) Timer doesn't work (I watched an auction I bid on go down to 0, then went negative, its at -54min now)
    3.) Cannot sort by columns

We should be paid 1 AD every second we use the AH.