test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long....

xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello guys,
I am sure someone asked this before but I didn't feel like looking for it. I apologize about that I know that is really lazy. Anyway, does anyone know how long before your foundry mission show up? I made 3 then sent them out about 4 days ago. I check this morning and they are still not there. Is there something else I need OR I am just playing the waiting game? My gf told me that her went out in about 5 mins.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Early Gamer Get the Levels"
by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
Post edited by xydsxlegend on

Comments

• zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The first, very short, quest I published was available immediately ingame and disappeared again after a few days. Now I tried a second one about 2 hours ago and it will not show up.

This is either a bug or a feature to only let established authors publish quests anymore?
  • kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There have been a bunch of posts of this same behavior. It seems to be a bug of some sort as quests used to show up within 30 minutes at most.
  • xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool thx guys, I was thinking that it was a bug but wasn't sure. Hopefully there will be a fix some.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Yeah I published my first quest several hours ago and it's still not showing up either :(

Was really excited to see it published and am now somewhat crushed that no one (not even myself!) can access it :(
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
    edited May 2013
    Can you find it via the "shortcode". If you have the shortcode can you publish it here?
  • zagemoggazagemogga Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can find mine with the short-code, thanks :)
    nw-deia7sx9b

//edit: quest disappearing-bug in the real game, wonder if this is quest or game related... FYI, this bug is fixed by twice logging out and in again, happened to me with a couple of Foundry-quests.
    edited May 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    nw-deia7sx9b
    I can only see your quest, called The Worm Pits, via the shortcode. I can not find it via searching for it via title or via author.
    edited May 2013
    I can only see your quest, called The Worm Pits, via the shortcode. I can not find it via searching for it via title or via author.

Unfortunately not, but at least I know it is published and the rest is a buggy search engine for content I assume.

//edit: OK, this seems to be related to the last map-travel... not ready yet :)
  • xydsxlegendxydsxlegend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wow! Thank you very much! The "Short Code" work great. If you put in NW-DLBH44X6 then subscribe you would be able to see all my foundry! Thx again guys =) P.S. Type code under "Best" tab bc it didn't work for "New" tab.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    by Profesor Legend

Profesor%20Legend.jpg
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Hi everyone, I have a question, but cannot post my own thread (which kinda sucks as I have PWE account for over year and NW account for like 4 days now) and have question. I know already how to find my quest, but I don't see it in "subscribed" tab. I've subscribed other author and I can see his 3 quests but I cannot see my own (I have subscribed myself the very same moment I found it, then tried to unsubscribe and subscribe again - no difference).
  • teggygahteggygah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My quest only shows up if you search in the "best" search, and it's only a non-submitted quest. I saw it once in the review section but now I can't find it. Also, I got one comment on it which I can see in foundry but not in-game.

There's just a lot screwy with the listings...
  • c0mixfanc0mixfan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    Can you find it via the "shortcode". If you have the shortcode can you publish it here?

When last I checked last night (several hours after publishing & receiving the confirmation in-game mail) my quest still wasn't showing via any method of searching, not even short code NW-DI3LX4M93 (though not sure if the I is a 1 but have tried searching for both permutations to no avail).
    Please play, rate, & review my very first Foundry Quest!

The X Factor Campaign NWS-DCO7OKB6F

Quest #1: The Morning After NW-D13LX4M93

Quest #2 Coming Soon!

Just for fun - Night of the Werebeast! NW-DT5EIZKZZ
    edited May 2013
    c0mixfan wrote: »
    When last I checked last night (several hours after publishing & receiving the confirmation in-game mail) my quest still wasn't showing via any method of searching, not even short code NW-DI3LX4M93 (though not sure if the I is a 1 but have tried searching for both permutations to no avail).

Maybe something went wrong, no harm trying to republish the quest. It should be found via short-code immediately.

As for now, I rather use the short-code and review requests from this forum than the actual search engine ingame (too much boring stuff to go through, which is promoted by 'non-questing'-players).

The submission for review is, as the tooltip says, for quests which are throughoutly tested and finalized. So I will never submit my quest for review until the bugs are fixed in the game for example no background music, quest disappearbug if chest is in an adventure-zone etc.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    This search feature in the foundry is experiencing issues.

[h=3]Sticky: Currently Offline - Foundry Search and Voice Chat[/h]
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    This search feature in the foundry is experiencing issues.

[h=3]Sticky: Currently Offline - Foundry Search and Voice Chat[/h]

Thanks!

Jesus! Community Manager, Moonstar, Guardian :D

//edit: rephrased that ;)
  • hercooles130uscghercooles130uscg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zagemogga wrote: »
    nw-deia7sx9b

//edit: quest disappearing-bug in the real game, wonder if this is quest or game related... FYI, this bug is fixed by twice logging out and in again, happened to me with a couple of Foundry-quests.

The quest disappearing issue is a pain in the butt, and probably accounts for some quests having very low play counts.

What I have determined causes this, is anytime a private map(author made) has a transfer to a public map(like protectors enclave) the quest has very high chance(personally around 80%) to disappear from the quest log until a few re-logs or sometimes even rezoning. a way around this, while not ideal, is to bypass public maps altogether. So when you leave say a building in protectors enclave, have the next map be the next custom map you made, rather then have players exit into PE, and walk to a gate.
    bdayaffair_zps6675e60e.png