test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The one and only best companion you should have

raynkeyyzzzzzraynkeyyzzzzz Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 89
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
there are 5 nominations of companions that is the best

1.cat

2.phoera

3.galeb duhr

4.acolyte

5.honey badger
Post edited by raynkeyyzzzzz on

Comments

• erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    cleric wins
  • dextordnddextordnd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I second the Cleric ^

Dextor UnDeAd
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • talmaran1024talmaran1024 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The author of this topic probably made a typing mistake by forgetting to put in second best companion since the cleric rules over them all
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.
  • steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Husband playing a Cleric.

What? >.>

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • wrovgarwrovgar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Invalid selections.
    Everyone knows the single best companion in all of D&D is a hamster called "Boo".
  • braig01braig01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrovgar wrote: »
    Invalid selections.
    Everyone knows the single best companion in all of D&D is a hamster called "Boo".

Space Hamster!!!!

And I thought Minsc was the companion.
  • xkryptoknightxxxkryptoknightxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    loun Stone of Might
    edited May 2013
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • granville7482granville7482 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At some point you really have to try the Galeb. He's consistently pulling aggro and im a GF.....
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can I second/third/whatever the Cleric? I grabbed her for my GWF and can't imagine adventuring without her.

Can I bring more than one companion with me on adventures? Because if not, it'll be me and my Cleric, forever.
  • slatsauslatsau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wrovgar wrote: »
    Invalid selections.

Misc was the Barbarian and Boo was his Hamster. You could not remove him from Minsc's inventory and he would often shout things like "Go for the eyes Boo! GO FOR THE EYES!".

I believe it was Baldurs' Gate 2 where he made his appearance.
    edited May 2013
    Minsc was a Ranger. And he was in BG1.

http://www.minscandboo.com/quotes/Go-for-the-eyes-Boo.WAV

-Rachel-
    edited May 2013
  • wartimeraiderwartimeraider Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 132 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Phoera for me. I love his areadamage
    timeraiderlogo2smaller.gif

Elf Control Wizard - Dragon
  • demetrius94demetrius94 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    steampunky wrote: »
    Husband playing a Cleric.

What? >.>

-Rachel-

Still get the cleric.
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I want a Magic Panda!!! Oh wait wrong game/forums. Anyways I need something that pulls and holds aggro off me something my Panther is lacking at.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is funny. The results, I mean.

Firstly the Cleric isn't on the list because it is obviously a question of Z-Store companions. And here's why I chose Galeb Dhur: he tanks. Not only does he tank, but he goes directly for the most powerful of any encounter, including Bosses. He is the "best-kept secret" of the Z-Store; best money I've spent in this entire game - even better than my HotN package.

Why this is more important than having an Acolyte or Cleric: the Boss or "Basher" will give at least 50% of his attention to the Galeb, which allows you maximum time to spend in *combat advantage*. Every Boss I've dealt with since getting this companion has been exponentially easier to deal with. And you don't need a Cleric companion to heal you so often when the bad guys die quickly enough. ~cough~

Hands down, full stop.
  • jakadanakejakadanake Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Was unsurprised to see the honey badger at the top. Well done, friend.
    Check out my latest NW video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5FiRWOCYMc

a0jWOwt.jpg

"Smell ya later!" -Gary, Pokemon
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right now I'm using the Panther the Phoera and the Fighter, they all have different ups and downs....one thing I'm a bit wary of is of you need X companion to do Y content, I hated that in SWTOR and certainly don't want to see it here.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!