test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Other languages?

mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I have a friend who will translate my UGC into french. What's the best way to provide support for a second language?

Should I publish 2 versions? Or change the dialog to support either perhaps? (That seems tricky at best.)
DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
The Cursed Emerald:
  1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
  2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
Post edited by mosby1 on

Comments

• mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Does that Foundry have any support for selecting the language? If (assuming the author provided more than 1 version) it would let you see/choose the language, that would be great.

I'm almost finished with my first UGC, and I have a bilingual friend who will translate it into French for me. But I'm not sure how to implement it... Do I copy the entire quest (and risk those duplicate bugs), or do I try to integrate a second language into every dialogue (making everything more complicated).

I suppose I could have an interactable 'language selection item' at the beginning, which would drop a token representing which language you chose. Then, I could change every dialog to enable based on which item you were carrying.

Has anyone done multi-language support well?
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • forien69forien69 Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    mosby1 wrote: »
    I suppose I could have an interactable 'language selection item' at the beginning, which would drop a token representing which language you chose. Then, I could change every dialog to enable based on which item you were carrying.

That would work, but it has one big flaw. As long there is no OR statement to objectives, you will not be able to do objective dialogues this way. They will have to be common for every choice.
This discussion has been closed.