test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chest Loot System Request

kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
How many people have encountered this scenario when playing with a group of friends?

Friend A: Chest!
Friend B: Sweet! Hey.. I can't open it.
Friend A: Weird, it opened for me and gave me a bunch of stuff.
Friend C: Dang, must be first come first serve.
Friend A: Chest! Who wants it?
Friend D: Ummm...
Friend B: Sure I'll take it.
Friend C: Chest... uh... who wants it?
Friend A: Well, I got a couple now.
Friend B: Someone else get it.
Friend D: Did anyone get it yet?
Friend A: I don't know but there's another chest.
Friend C: Will someone just loot the dang chests so we can get on with this adventure?
Friend A: Chest!
All friends: *sigh*

Can we please get a system that randomly distributes loot from chests and kit/skill interactions or acts like DDO and everyone has individualized loot available to them? The constant back and forth and trying to decide who should loot next gets annoying and detracts from the fun of adventuring.
Post edited by kalizaar on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yes I fully agree. I can't see why they would put in a system that only rewards the first person to open the chest in what is supposed to be a GROUP dungeon.
  • k5izzlek5izzle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5
    edited May 2013
    Yeessss! I'm would rather not race to the chest every time I see one or feel like I missed something when I don't get it.
  • forsakenlich1forsakenlich1 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chests are openable by all and everyone gets loot

its the things that require kits that makes it a dirty ffa.

who thought up this dumb design?
  • imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Everyone gets their own treasure chests. :) Just the altars and such that need kits are for one person only.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    actually @ the people saying everyone can open.. not the case, at least in epic dungeons as I've found. generally 2 or 3 people can open them before they stay open/uninteractable. still buggy, apparently.

On a side note, as it stands now I have gotten an empty chest out of every single dungeon delve bonus chest I have ever done. As in, about 8 of them now. Woo.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Are you sure you can't open them and other people are just blocking it?
  • deahamletdeahamlet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have found that SOME chests are bugged and only open once.

It was only in the 50+ dungeons though, funny enough.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 1,887 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen some chests that the entire party can open and other chests which are first come first serve.

It's really weird (or buggy).
  • kalizaarkalizaar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somebob wrote: »
    I've seen some chests that the entire party can open and other chests which are first come first serve.

It's really weird (or buggy).

That's interesting. I mean I know the end dungeon/quest reward chest has individual loot, but every other chest we encountered could only be looted by one person. We only did the first few quests of the game though and were encountering this.

So I wonder if it's a bug when we find one person only chests, or if they simply have two types of chests (besides the end reward one).
  • keterysketerys Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Most chests I've seen lately have allowed multiple PCs to open, though only one at a time. So as long as you shuffle through at a decent pace it's been okay.

No idea what distinguishes a one-use chest from a multi-use, though. I'd like to see them all go multi-use.