test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I broke my chat window! Halp!

someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I can attach a screenshot if people don't know what I mean, but what has happened is that somehow I have turned 2/3 of my chat window into a blank 'voice comm' panel. It has 6 huge lines that say 'Team' and have a speaker icon on them, with a permanent on button for my mic and a config option in the top right. It seems to be some sort of volume configuration panel, but for the life of me I cannot get rid of it, and if I make my chat window bigger or smaller it only effects the text side, not this huge config window.
Post edited by someoneod on

Comments

• Options
    ladyshaie1ladyshaie1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like you've enabled some sort of voice chat options. Go to the chat options window & there is a button at the bottom where you can bring up something like an advanced options window (where you can change font size & such). There may be something there that can help you to close the voice chat.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Definately submit a bug report.

Work-around: Go into options, Audio and disable Voice and press Apply. That will fix the issue. Then just enable voice chat again if you use it.
  • Options
    someoneodsomeoneod Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zebular wrote: »
    Definately submit a bug report.

Work-around: Go into options, Audio and disable Voice and press Apply. That will fix the issue. Then just enable voice chat again if you use it.

Thanks, that fixed it. Didn't know it was a bug, thought I had just hit a weird keybind and turned something on by mistake. Sidenote, it happens whenever the disable voice chat thing is unchecked... so I guess I'll keep it disabled for now.