test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Founder Partition

Comments

• Options
    mjperkinsmjperkins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't believe PWE continues to take this stance against Guardian Founders.
    A man-made bottleneck to try to get $200 HotN transactions.
    I'm sure that 10% of the funds from Guardian founders could alleviate all queues.
    78% agree this isn't right.
    Recruitment Officer for
    End Game PvE Guild
    Recruitment Status: Open; Limited
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chicoteo7 wrote: »
    This entire thread is one of the most pathetic things I have ever read as a gamer.

First, you paid for the game on your own accord you decided 200$ was enough of a payment for a mount, outfits, and small bonuses; this is entirely on you.

Second, you should not expect any special treatment just because you were bought out.

Third and I cannot STRESS this enough; YOU threw money at a BETA, you unwisely shelled out money to something you were not entirely sure of and now you're paying the price as anyone else. You should not be rewarded for your stupidity, and especially not rewarded for a selfish mindset that you deserve everything on a silver platter. You do not deserve a queue jump, and the fact that the very thought crept within your brain only furthers my reasoning on why you don't deserve it.

You sir, get a -1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is great and working fine minus some small minor details but I truly believe PWE dropped the ball on this. Guardians SHOULD have some sort of Q advantage over the new players coming in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    when you go to a concert with seating (or sports event for you sports lovers), you expect the more expensive tickets to be closer to the action. how can you justify anything else?
  • Options
    aremzyaremzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you knew you wouldn't get any queue advantages when you bought the pack and should have considered it in your decision, instead of buying the pack then asking for something that was clearly not included in it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    I would love to get in line right behind the Heroes. It would be a cool perk, but I can live without it. I just don't understand why they only have 3 servers. You had to have seen this coming right? I mean it's happened with every single MMO launch (soft launch whatever) for the last 12 years or so. At the begining, you need to have enough to support the rush. I just don't get it.

Either way, I'll wait and play in a couple days when things settle down, but I would love to just have a valid reason whey they thought that only three servers would handle this thing.
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Voted to get you folks right behind us, it only seems fair.
    grekthoran wrote: »
    I would love to get in line right behind the Heroes. It would be a cool perk, but I can live without it. I just don't understand why they only have 3 servers. You had to have seen this coming right? I mean it's happened with every single MMO launch (soft launch whatever) for the last 12 years or so. At the begining, you need to have enough to support the rush. I just don't get it.

Either way, I'll wait and play in a couple days when things settle down, but I would love to just have a valid reason whey they thought that only three servers would handle this thing.

Not 3 servers, 3 shards on 1 server... But I'm just nit-picking :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    grekthorangrekthoran Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    aremzy wrote: »
    you knew you wouldn't get any queue advantages when you bought the pack and should have considered it in your decision, instead of buying the pack then asking for something that was clearly not included in it.

Actually, there was some confusion about this. It's really not a big deal for me, I'll wait, but it's not as obvious as you make it sound.
  • Options
    syphilaidssyphilaids Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardian founders should most definitely be put behind the hotn founders.
  • Options
    aremzyaremzy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, there was some confusion about this. It's really not a big deal for me, I'll wait, but it's not as obvious as you make it sound.

in the description of the 200$ pack (aka this http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero)
    it said clearly that you get "VIP GAME ACCESS
    When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)"
    since the other packs said nothing of the sort, i'd say it was pretty obvious that only the 200$ pack came with queue priority, doesn't take a genius to figure it out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Voted to get you folks right behind us, it only seems fair.

Not 3 servers, 3 shards on 1 server... But I'm just nit-picking :P

Yea, I guess I'm still getting used to the mega server thing. I guess, I'm being a bit of an old man yelling about his lawn and such, but why try to re invent the wheel? The old way worked just fine and with enough servers, this whole mess could have easily been avoided. If it's one server several shards, then, okay, just add more shards. I just don't have much tolerance for problems that could have easily been avoided with a modicum of better prep. It's not tolerated in my line of work, and I guess that has rubbed off on me.
  • Options
    hipolipolopigushipolipolopigus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, I guess I'm still getting used to the mega server thing. I guess, I'm being a bit of an old man yelling about his lawn and such, but why try to re invent the wheel? The old way worked just fine and with enough servers, this whole mess could have easily been avoided. If it's one server several shards, then, okay, just add more shards. I just don't have much tolerance for problems that could have easily been avoided with a modicum of better prep. It's not tolerated in my line of work, and I guess that has rubbed off on me.

PWE reinvent it to create hype. Real publishers and developers would reinvent it either as an experiment or because it was genuinely a better way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want to know why Neverwinter is so laggy? Check out the "Latency" section in this thread.
  • Options
    sneeksneek Member, Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guardians should be next after HoTN's. I mean really, if I spent $200 I would expect to be first in line and rightfully so. :) But I can not understand how someone that did not spend a single cent is pushed ahead of someone that spent $60 to support PWE. I just don't get it.
    Guardian Founder position in queue:187,978 with 2+ hrs. wait time. So glad I supported PWE and...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zengnarokzzengnarokz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please don't take my post too serious.

HoTN - You are super VIP. All good things we will provide to you first.
    Free Players - Don't worry we wont leave you behind. we will give you good things too, but after we take care our VIPs.
    Guardians - STFU and buy more ZEN.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    aremzy wrote: »
    in the description of the 200$ pack (aka this http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero)
    it said clearly that you get "VIP GAME ACCESS
    When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access. (account unlock)"
    since the other packs said nothing of the sort, i'd say it was pretty obvious that only the 200$ pack came with queue priority, doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Man, you're a snarky one aren't you? So, check it out, when I bought my guardian pack it said the same thing. Then they changed it back to being heroes only. They did make it right by offering a refund on my guardian pack. I chose to stick with it which is totally on me. I'm not pissing and moaning about it. I'm just pointing out that some people might have missed the change and I can see how the whole snafu might have them confused. I agree that it is clearly explained now, but again, it is not as obvious as you make it sound.
  • Options
    mythrildragonmythrildragon Member Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    free player [for now], i voted back of the line with the rest, cus i don't want to wait a longer que. selfish yea, but you asked...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zengnarokz wrote: »
    Please don't take my post too serious.

HoTN - You are super VIP. All good things we will provide to you first.
    Free Players - Don't worry we wont leave you behind. we will give you good things too, but after we take care our VIPs.
    Guardians - STFU and buy more ZEN.

Hey, we're in the same boat as the rest of you. Right now, the login server is overloaded so I can't even get into the queue. Good job, PWE. Good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As nice as it would be to have my guardian friends log in roughly the same time as me, I will point out, look at what you signed up for before you suddenly complain. You know 60$ wasn't getting priority queueing. Again entitlement issues.

If guardians suddenly get Priority queuing, does that mean that use HotN + Guardian (260$) accounts suddenly get Super-Ultra Priority+ Queuing? Am I suddenly entitled to go before everyone else, inc HotN cause I paid for both packs? What about peopel that dropped 1k$ but arn't founders. Should they be entitled to go before me?

The queues will be better in a few days. I'm the only HotN in my group of friends, and I've not had to wait more than 30 mins for them to log in and play with me, which all I do is sit and wait for them to log in anyway.

Immortal words to live by "Less QQ more Pew Pew"

I just play LoL or toy with gateway till they all get online. NBD
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • Options
    silvergryphsilvergryph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I had to vote back of the line out of principal. The product descriptions were very clear that I was not buying priority access with my $60. Would I like this added as an extra perk? Sure! Has it made me seriously consider buying HotN in addition to my Guardian Pack? Yes it has. But, do I think it will be an issue once they get the servers fine-tuned? No.
  • Options
    celluliciouscellulicious Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johnny305 wrote: »
    Understand people that skipped founders might still spend $1,000+ on this game through cash shop, they just did not want the pre-made packs.

You deserve nothing more than them.
    Really Jonny...really?
  • Options
    stonedbillstonedbill Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I said first 100-500. I don't mind a small que, but if i knew i was going to be thrown in the pot of f2p players, I would have never bought the package in the first place. Until the change, i wont spend another dime on cash shop.
    1ovlbg9.png

Smoke@stonedbill - Mindflayer - 60 Rogue
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    stonedbill wrote: »
    I said first 100-500. I don't mind a small que, but if i knew i was going to be thrown in the pot of f2p players, I would have never bought the package in the first place. Until the change, i wont spend another dime on cash shop.

You got the other <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, the queue is temporary.
  • Options
    dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey All,

The current queue experience is temporary and unexpected. We'll be working on it throughout open beta to ensure that everyone is able to get in smoothly. For now, please consider the inconvenience of waiting to be an issue that we are working hard to resolve.
  • Options
    mithreinmaethormithreinmaethor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

The current queue experience is temporary and unexpected. We'll be working on it throughout open beta to ensure that everyone is able to get in smoothly. For now, please consider the inconvenience of waiting to be an issue that we are working hard to resolve.

Thank you for the reply.
  • Options
    mjperkinsmjperkins Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hey All,

Thanks for this response that finally shows some open arms to Guardian Founders. It sure doesn't look good when PWE's first response is merely an link a $200 way to circumvent this PWE created scenario. Assuming that the server size is corrected, and there are no queues, this is a moot point. If the queue is still over a 10 minute wait, this topic will resurface. As a Guardian, we may have been tricked in regards to queue priority, but we did pay you in advance to have the server capacity required for open beta.
    Recruitment Officer for
    End Game PvE Guild
    Recruitment Status: Open; Limited
  • Options
    thegrantisimothegrantisimo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe we should get some sort of q boost.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I mentioned this in all the " why did you buy HoTN threads ?". I play STO and when they went free to play , my lifetime sub got moved to front of the line . It is awesome when they have an event like Q day or new content comes out and the servers are full . because of this I bought the HoTN pack . If the other pack had front of the line I would of got it instead , I like the horse better then that huge spider .
  • Options
    piyusohpiyusoh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I voted with the freebies for a simple reason. The package did not come with such a promise and thus should stay such.

If the game allows you guys to go infront, the the 19 bucks payers will start their petition. And once that's done, the people who spend money on in game currency will start making noise. It's a never ending cycle. Best for the company to stick to their initial and promised policy.

In the end its going to be a case of "I got more money than you, I want to go first".
  • Options
    derresshderressh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mjperkins wrote: »
    As a Guardian, we may have been tricked in regards to queue priority

How, exactly, were we tricked? The HotN pack always said it had priority access, and the Guardian pack never said anything about it. I don't know about you, but I knew full well that I wouldn't have queue priority when I bought the pack.

And I'm not going to vote in the poll, because while it would be NICE to get priority over the F2P, I know what I payed for.
  • Options
    piyusohpiyusoh Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    derressh wrote: »
    How, exactly, were we tricked? The HotN pack always said it had priority access, and the Guardian pack never said anything about it. I don't know about you, but I knew full well that I wouldn't have queue priority when I bought the pack.

And I'm not going to vote in the poll, because while it would be NICE to get priority over the F2P, I know what I payed for.

Good for you sir as you are honest, realistic and fair.

Too bad i can't find the thumbs up button