test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post your TR Build (powers and feats)

fmgalliifmgallii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
edited April 2013 in The Thieves' Den
If you have it ready let us know... we need some feedback.
Post edited by fmgallii on

Comments

• fmgalliifmgallii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I guess ill start.
    I didnt have a chance to level to 50. You will see that here are some Feat points missing. I dont know what to get.

Race
    Half-Orc: +2 dex | +2 str | 5% critical bonus damage

Roll
    16 dex 16 cha 12 str 10 con 10 wis 10 int

Powers

Cloud Steel (At will) 3/3
    Sly Flourish (At will) 3/3
    Dazing Strike (Encounter) 3/3
    Bloodbath (Daily) 3/3
    Sneak Attack (Passive) 2/3

== At 5 Points ==

Deft Strike (Encounter) 3/3
    Lashing Blade (Encounter) 3/3

== At 10 Points ==

Luker's Assault (Daily) 3/3
    Whirlwind of Blades (Daily) 0/3

== At 15 Points ==

bait and Switch (Encounter) 3/3
    First Strike (Passive) 0/3
    Tenacious Concealment (Passive) 3/3

== At 20 Points ==

Duelist's Flurry (At will) 0/3
    Blitz (Encounter) 0/3
    Tactics (Passive) 3/3

== At 40 Points ==

Courage Breaker (Daily) 0/3
    Skillfull Infiltrator (Passive) 0/3

== At 45 Points ==

Shadow Strike (Encounter) 0/3
    Wicked Reminder (Encounter) 0/3

Feats

Action Advantage (3) Swift Footwork (0) Endless Assault (3) Scoundrel Training (5)
    Weapon Mastery (3) Battlewise (0) Twilight Adept (0) Disciple of Strength (3)
    Toughness (3) Cunning Ambusher (0) Lucky Skirmisher (0) Improved Cunning Sneak (0)

Saboteur
    Speed Swindle (0) Nimble Dodge (5) Baited Action (0) Sneak of Shadows (5)
    Cunning Stalker (5) Sneaky Stabber (0) Expert Sneak (5) Unerring Ambush (0)

Scoundrel
    Berserk Vitality (0) Press the Advantage (0) Mocking Knave (0) Action Rush (0)
    Underhanded Tactics (5) Nimble Blade (0) Catspaw Style (0) Brutal Wound (0)

Executioner
    Dazzling Blades (0) Cruelty's Reward (0) Brutal Backstab (0) Deadly Momentum (0)
    Thrill of the Kill (0) Devastating Shroud (0) Critical Teamwork (0) Sharpened Steel (0)
  • vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited April 2013
    Thanks for contributing. This looks to be a well thought out build. I haven't played or plan on playing a TR, but I feel our community is all holding back and I hope to see more contributors in all facets of the game.

I only got a few hours of play time myself, so my experience is limited.
  • eqlunaeqluna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 53
    edited April 2013
    I am also interested in this... if anyone has more idea and suggestion for a max damage build... that would be great.... thanks so much!

Luna
  • deathvidsdeathvids Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 80
    edited April 2013
  • fmgalliifmgallii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    deathvids wrote: »

I know Warrior (Ricardo Ishibashi) in real life and I already told him that he did a great job putting this site together BUT... HE WONT ADD FEATS TO THE SITE.

Lets flood him with PMs asking him to add Feats to his calculator.

I cant belive or understand why there are no site out there able to simulate builds.

Warrior, TS is down!
  • zalathorm7zalathorm7 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fmgallii wrote: »
    I guess ill start.
    Whirlwind of Blades (Daily) 0/3
    Blitz (Encounter) 0/3

What is your rationale behind not speccing these two abilities? Personally, I loved whirlwind of blades for the AoE dps, since we get so little of it. Clearly, lurkers assault is dominant, however, I liked having whirlwind on the bar as well. Whrilwind is great because it is an instant cast, gives you power for the number of mobs you hit, was critting for 1-2k at level 26)

LA for bosses/elites/sustained dps
    Whirlwind for trash, minions, and aoe dps

I felt bloodbath was trash, even with the evasion it grants...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • uggsmashuggsmash Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 68
    edited April 2013
    Agree with zalathorm7, I'm missing something with Bloodbath.
    You become "untargetable" while you fly around slapping people on the bum like a college prank. I don't want to slap people, I want to stab them. Hard. In the face!

I didn't mind Blitz to start with, the little roll back was cool, but the damage was a bit low and in a small arc. Path of the Blade had a large 360' damage area, and just kept ticking away. So unless I missed something, very possible, I'll go with Path over Blitz for AoE if needed(generally not, but its fun sometimes)
  • sneakycheesessneakycheeses Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 118 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2013
    fmgallii wrote: »
    *snip*
    I'm not sure about the specifics of the Feats and Powers, but for the TR I think the Human is better. The +3 Heroics Points and +3% Defense, in addition to +2 to Any Stat, is really the best for every class, I think. I also think that you can roll better, having 16 to Dexterity and Strength rather than Dexterity and Charisma.
    Brodicus - 60 Trickster Rogue - Dragon
  • strawbyxstrawbyx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 43
    edited April 2013
  • lucienirenicuslucienirenicus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 71
    edited April 2013
    zalathorm7 wrote: »
    What is your rationale behind not speccing these two abilities?

PvP no doubt.

Bloodbath is invaluable in PvP since you are invulnerable during the time the skill is active, and creates confusion.
    Cryptic: Fire your auction house dev.
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure about the specifics of the Feats and Powers, but for the TR I think the Human is better. The +3 Heroics Points and +3% Defense, in addition to +2 to Any Stat, is really the best for every class, I think. I also think that you can roll better, having 16 to Dexterity and Strength rather than Dexterity and Charisma.

About the roll. You csn change 16 cha for str. Its up to you. Dont forget if you get a race that gives you -+2 stats you can have a finsl roll 18 dex 16 str 14 cha or 18 dex 16 cha 14 str. Depends if you like cha or str.
  • banicksbanicks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited April 2013
    Is there a defined "cookie cutter" spec that is commonly accepted for PvE high DPS numbers in a group?
    Oceanic Neverwinter Online Guild: http://19thbattalion.com/
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    isn't it a bit early for that? we can't even properly test the builds yet anyway.
  • aiquesacoaiquesaco Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think my build is:

name :Pecadora
    Race: Half-Orc: +2 dex | +2 str | 5% critical bonus damage

Powers

Cloud Steel (At will) 3/3
    Sly Flourish (At will) 3/3
    Dazing Strike (Encounter) 3/3
    Bloodbath (Daily) 1/3
    Sneak Attack (Passive) 2/3

== At 5 Points ==

Deft Strike (Encounter) 3/3
    Lashing Blade (Encounter) 3/3

== At 10 Points ==

Luker's Assault (Daily) 3/3
    Whirlwind of Blades (Daily) 3/3

== At 15 Points ==

bait and Switch (Encounter) 2/3
    First Strike (Passive) 0/3
    Tenacious Concealment (Passive) 3/3

== At 20 Points ==

Duelist's Flurry (At will) 0/3
    Blitz (Encounter) 3/3
    Tactics (Passive) 1/3

== At 30 Points ==
    Impossible to catch (enconter) 3/3
    Path of blades (enconter) 3/3
    Infiltrator's Action (Passive) 3/3

== At 40 Points ==

Courage Breaker (Daily) 3/3
    Skillfull Infiltrator (Passive) 3/3

== At 45 Points ==

Shadow Strike (Encounter) 3/3
    Wicked Reminder (Encounter) 0/3

== At 50 Points ==
    Smoke Bomb (Enconter) 3/3
    Shocking Execution (Daily) 3/3
    Invisible Infiltration (class Feature) 3/3

Feats

Action Advantage (4) Swift Footwork (0) Endless Assault (3) Scoundrel Training (0)
    Weapon Mastery (3) Battlewise (0) Twilight Adept (0) Disciple of Strength (3)
    Toughness (0) Cunning Ambusher (3) Lucky Skirmisher (2) Improved Cunning Sneak (2)

Saboteur
    Speed Swindle (0) Nimble Dodge (0) Baited Action (0) Sneak of Shadows (0)
    Cunning Stalker (5) Sneaky Stabber (0) Expert Sneak (0) Unerring Ambush (0)

Scoundrel
    Berserk Vitality (0) Press the Advantage (0) Mocking Knave (5) Action Rush (5) Whirlwind Sneak (1)
    Underhanded Tactics (5) Nimble Blade (5) Catspaw Style (0) Brutal Wound (4)

Executioner
    Dazzling Blades (0) Cruelty's Reward (0) Brutal Backstab (0) Deadly Momentum (0)
    Thrill of the Kill (0) Devastating Shroud (0) Critical Teamwork (0) Sharpened Steel (0)
    Typical trickster rogue carioca (Rio de Janeiro/ Brasil), always with the flash of a smile and a hidden dagger.
    19.jpg
  • phetrix88phetrix88 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Never got around to playing the Beta, looking forward to main-ing this class on OB launch though! Always had a weakness to stealth and assassination types.
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I certainly don't have that level of detail for my builds, but there were a few things I remembered from beta that will influence me:

* Sly Flourish ROCKS. The other at-wills felt slow in comparison, even though they perhaps did more damage. They also (as I recall) locked me into animations more often than Sly Flourish did. With Sly Flourish I could also do JUST enough damage to defeat a foe and then continue on to attack the next foe instead of killing the foe with the "one" part of the "one-two" at-will damage dealer whose name I forget.

* Cloud of Steel is pretty much required; not sure if we even HAVE a second ranged at-will, but having SOME kind of ranged at-will seems almost necessary for those times you have to roll out of melee range.

* Shadow Strike is awesome. Once I got it (if I am remembering the name properly), I used this every time it was up. It has a range to it, which is nice, and hits for a nice bit of damage but of course the main thing is that it replenishes your Stealth so you can hide again more quickly than normal.

* I forget the name of it, but there was a ranged Encounter attack with, I think, three charges that rebuild slowly over time. The attack did impressive damage and (more importantly) knocked the foe back. We're melee oriented, of course, but sometimes you're better off pushing someone OUT of melee (and doing nice damage) rather than let THEM melee-attack YOU. :)

* Bloodbath looks cool, but in PvE seems wasteful. I expected it to KILL everything after I went all "Death Blossom" flitting all over the place, but even the minions were still alive afterward. Won't be investing in this one, as pretty as it is in action.

* Whirlwind of Blades or whatever it's called is an instant-cast AoE Daily that I love to keep as one of my two active Dailies --- when I am swarmed by foes and cannot get into stealth, it can often change a near-death situation into a situation where I'm standing over a pile of perforated bodies. ;)

* Lurker's Assault - being able to stay in stealth (and hence avoid most attacks) while doing insane damage? Yes please! I cannot stand the washed-out graphical effect of it, which I hope they tweak, but for big boss fights, it's a sacrifice I'll make.

* Lashing Blade (if I am remembering it correctly), the giant side-ways magical dagger that does insane damage... pretty much required, IMO. From Stealth, the damage on this thing is amazing.

* Bait and Switch - early on, I used this a LOT and it saved my bacon. In the higher levels, though, the poor thing just gets tore to shreds in milliseconds so I swapped it out for other Encounter powers.

FEAT wise, I pretty much focused on staying in stealth longer, critting more, and did not worry about extra hit points or action points (gain them so fast I almost always have a Daily up)... I tended to avoid FEATs that relied on a specific power that I may or may not want to use (like a FEAT that boosts Blitz, which I did not use nor WANT to use for some reason ---- could be I didn't try it out since I loved my existing loadout so much).
    edited April 2013
    braxzana wrote: »
    I certainly don't have that level of detail for my builds, but there were a few things I remembered from beta that will influence me:

* Sly Flourish ROCKS. The other at-wills felt slow in comparison, even though they perhaps did more damage. They also (as I recall) locked me into animations more often than Sly Flourish did. With Sly Flourish I could also do JUST enough damage to defeat a foe and then continue on to attack the next foe instead of killing the foe with the "one" part of the "one-two" at-will damage dealer whose name I forget.

* Cloud of Steel is pretty much required; not sure if we even HAVE a second ranged at-will, but having SOME kind of ranged at-will seems almost necessary for those times you have to roll out of melee range.

* Shadow Strike is awesome. Once I got it (if I am remembering the name properly), I used this every time it was up. It has a range to it, which is nice, and hits for a nice bit of damage but of course the main thing is that it replenishes your Stealth so you can hide again more quickly than normal.

* I forget the name of it, but there was a ranged Encounter attack with, I think, three charges that rebuild slowly over time. The attack did impressive damage and (more importantly) knocked the foe back. We're melee oriented, of course, but sometimes you're better off pushing someone OUT of melee (and doing nice damage) rather than let THEM melee-attack YOU. :)

* Bloodbath looks cool, but in PvE seems wasteful. I expected it to KILL everything after I went all "Death Blossom" flitting all over the place, but even the minions were still alive afterward. Won't be investing in this one, as pretty as it is in action.

* Whirlwind of Blades or whatever it's called is an instant-cast AoE Daily that I love to keep as one of my two active Dailies --- when I am swarmed by foes and cannot get into stealth, it can often change a near-death situation into a situation where I'm standing over a pile of perforated bodies. ;)

* Lurker's Assault - being able to stay in stealth (and hence avoid most attacks) while doing insane damage? Yes please! I cannot stand the washed-out graphical effect of it, which I hope they tweak, but for big boss fights, it's a sacrifice I'll make.

* Lashing Blade (if I am remembering it correctly), the giant side-ways magical dagger that does insane damage... pretty much required, IMO. From Stealth, the damage on this thing is amazing.

* Bait and Switch - early on, I used this a LOT and it saved my bacon. In the higher levels, though, the poor thing just gets tore to shreds in milliseconds so I swapped it out for other Encounter powers.

FEAT wise, I pretty much focused on staying in stealth longer, critting more, and did not worry about extra hit points or action points (gain them so fast I almost always have a Daily up)... I tended to avoid FEATs that relied on a specific power that I may or may not want to use (like a FEAT that boosts Blitz, which I did not use nor WANT to use for some reason ---- could be I didn't try it out since I loved my existing loadout so much).

good post, thanks... too bad u dont have build to show us.