test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant Crashing at 61 Degrees on Graphics Card.

veskelaveskela Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Everytime my 6950 hits 61-65 degrees game grashes. Is this happening for everyone else?
Post edited by veskela on

Comments

• Options
    chainsawhand135chainsawhand135 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm getting disconnects, but not crashes.
  • Options
    veskelaveskela Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Constant crashes for me, nothing I can do to control the heat on the card either soo.. Guess I won't get to play the beta anymore =/
  • Options
    ihrenihren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am also constantly crashing, but am not sure if its my video card temp either.
  • Options
    oceanoftearsoceanoftears Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I crashed at least every 5 minutes, just walking around the city. My graphics card should be fine, it's not overheating for sure. I 'patched' the files as recommended after each of these many crashes. Now I can't even start the game anymore. As soon as I click my character and hit start game it crashes. Nice waste of money for the guardian pack if I can't even play :(
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yea I am getting a refund.
  • Options
    tyestortyestor Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    veskela wrote: »
    Constant crashes for me, nothing I can do to control the heat on the card either soo.. Guess I won't get to play the beta anymore =/

Up your fan speed.
    veskela wrote: »
    Yea I am getting a refund.

Welcome to the beta. I hope they don't refund you. You should have known what you were getting into.
    Tyestor - Great Weapon Fighter - Mindflayer
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It has nothing to do with me there is a known issue that 11 graphics cards can't play the game without crashing. Loop up the facts before you talk <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • Options
    laserducklaserduck Member Posts: 44 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2013
    veskela, it is likely that the crash you are seeing is because you have gone into the options menu and set your maximum camera distance to zero. If you change it to a positive number, it should stop. The crash will be fixed in a later release.

Rob
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I will try this, thanks!
  • Options
    darkbladessdarkbladess Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 57
    edited February 2013
    I have played for about 12 hours these last two days and have disconnected twice ,havent had any problem with rubber banding or lag.

Overall i am impressed for a first days of beta to be so problem free for me.

I have played released games that have had tons of problems and it took them a while to straighten them out.
  • Options
    ihrenihren Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ohh that fixed it for me, thanks!
  • Options
    geddings12geddings12 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    might be a problem with your computer ive experenced very little crashes.
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have not had any crash though my wife has on her pc once or twice only. I have a two 5770 in xfire and the cards run really hot 80+ degrees if I use native hdtv res of 1920x1080.

It seems to pretty much max out my cards ( round 90 95ish % use) and gave me <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> fps round 20 to 30 it varied. I dropped down to 1600x900 and temps back to 65ish and fps back yp to 60ish.

If your card is crapping out at that temp maybe it's starting to go, those temps shouldn't be causing crashes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild