test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Brief history of Shar'Kaylador Baerne

sylatrasylatra Member Posts: 29 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Art and Fiction
I was born in the town of Skullport and taught in the ways of magic in both cleric and wizard by my mother Lireal. As I grew older I was not happy in the town of Skullport, I had to get away and find myself. There was so much more to learn and find, I wanted to travel just like my mother and father did as I heard all the stories they had told me while growing up.

During my travels I too was hunted by my race, not because of being the child of Lireal had anything to do with it, but because the Baerne family learned about me and wanted me to return to Menzzoberanzan. They wanted to use me to gain more power in their house, not to mention what they could learn from me.

The Baerne family finally found me one day and returned me back to my proper place. I was not punished, which surprised me, for I thought I'd be sacrificed to Lloth for my mother leaving Menezzoberanzan for the surface world. Instead, I was sent to Arach'Tinilth, the priestess school. I however protested that I didn't need to go, but it was insisted that I go as per order of my cousin Triel. They did not know what mother had taught me and had to be sure. I spent maybe 10 years in Arach'Tinilth and placed in the top 5 ranking in my class. The priestesses ruled I had no need of being in there, for my training had exceeded anyone that had been taught there before. Triel smiled on this thought, she now had a daughter of Lloth worthy of being in house Baerne. She called for me one day and told me of her plans. Quinthel was getting into her prime and she had need of new blood to take Quinthel's place. I wanted nothing to do with her plans or of Lloth's. I did not belong here. I ran off, back to the surface. As soon as Matron Baerne learned of my disappearance she was furious and sent soldiers which were close on my heels.
Lenbanner_zps30648f84.jpg
Post edited by sylatra on

Comments

• sylatrasylatra Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Part 2:

In my travels and running from my race, I came to a tavern named Glenshadows. On the sign it read, “All races may pass here, none will be turned away" Curious I went inside to see who and what dwelled inside. To my astonishment, there were dwarves, elves, and humans inside collaborating with each other. There was finally a place where I could go and be accepted. There were other drow within the tavern as I noted and decided to take a seat near them. There was one drow woman which sat in the back, watching my every move. I guess she was wondering the same thing as me is she friend or is she foe? I returned every evening getting a feel for the environment and ordered a fey wyne.

One evening while I was there, the tavern door shattered and a drow raiding party barged in. They recognized me immediately and the leader pointed at me. The party began running for me and I withdrew my two long swords ready for them. They were all on me at once, but no one stepped in to help, only watched. I turned, dodged and parried, every move I made could have been my last, but I held my own and one by onethey fell. Breathing hard I looked to the door of the tavern to see the drow leader still standing there. I pointed one of my swords at him and said in the drow tongue, Tesso dosst ilharess usstan orn naut alu rath pi'resco "Tell your matron I will not go back easily." the leader gave me a look of disgust and spat on the floor then said, "xal l'orbb valsharess xsa dos ulu l'rendan, "May the spider queen damn you to the abyss.", turned and walked away.

There was one watching in the back of the tavern, the same woman who had been watching me. She approached me and introduced herself as M'Regean. She was a matron of her own house called Daernien'masaern. She had asked me if I had had a home to call my own. I told her I did not. She then invited me to become part of her house as a new adopted daughter and became ranked as one of the guardians of the house and to her. Her house being the 20th in rank, there were those houses below us that wished to rise to our ranks, and there were constant raids upon the house. House Daernien'masaern was a newly created house Do'Urden, Matron M'Regean's mate was a member of the fallen house of Do'Urden, named Dri'cail Do'Urden. He vowed to create a home that would house any drow outcast.
    edited February 2013
    Part 3:

Years later I had found a mate in the place I called home, a 6th cousin to the famed Drizzt, of a different house. His name was Val'shren. He and I had the perfect relationship. We both trained side by side trying to outdo the other. It was always an even match. The one day I will never forget was the day House Baerne found out what house Daernien'masaern was doing and that it harbored drow outcats within it, a raiding party came and attacked. Both I and Val'shren fought until finally I had seen Val'sharen run through by the blade of my sister Treymont. He fell to the ground and saw me for the last time and signed, " Together we will be one day my love." Furious, I ran towards my sister Treymont, but before I could get to her, one of the walls of the house had collapsed and fell on top of me. Trapped I was in the rubble; I thought it would be my last day to live. The raiding party looked for any survivors, and looked for me. Satisfied that I was probably dead, they left.

I quickly tried to unbury myself from the rubble. I looked around for any survivors. Not a trace of M'Reagen anywhere. I had hoped she escaped from the clutches of the Baerne soldiers. I did a blessing to Ellistrae for those that were lost in the battle, and looked for Val'Shren's body. I found it, and took from his neck the necklace he always wore. I then buried him within the rubble of the fallen house and wandered the underdark, hoping to find a place of safety and perhaps to start my life again.
  • syfylissyfylis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Boring.

Man you are jumping to fast from one place to another, from what you writed there you could make 10 quests or more. You need to think how to create one more complete story, set time of it and number of characters. Create a plot that works with characters and try to show what they want and how they act. Then finish story and create a reason for character to move to next place.

It's good if you try to show some kind of society problem, it don't really have to be connected or important in your story but it will make it more real. Not too many things at once.
    >>>>>>>>>>>> Prejt <<<<<<<<<<

33kel5d.jpg

My work: Heroes Blacksmith - Library
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?21051-Heroes-Blacksmith-Library
    edited February 2013
    Yes i was quickly written, many years ago say oh..like the mid '90s...LOL It was just a quick and brief history of this character..I'll spruce it up when I get time to do so as I have so many stories inmy head it's not even funny...LOL