test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To my Fellow Space Opera Fans: CHris Roberts is Back with Star Citizen!

iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Off Topic
The link here shows it all.

Pplease tell me there are more of you here that make up the 20 K there? I can't be the only fan here, can I?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by iamtruthseeker on

Comments

• yolksonuyolksonu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited December 2012
    I had read about this and it does look like it could be interesting. A big science fiction and space opera fan plus I just like space and science in general (as if you couldn't tell by my sig).
    Einstein - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
  • popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What makes this game even more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> intriguing is the fact it is a confirmed title to work with the Oculus Rift (3D Head Mounted Display) as you can see from the wiki ... That by itself makes it a must watch title for me.

P.S. For those of you that don't know what the Oculus Rift is, I highly recommend googling it, wave of the future in gaming in my opinion for creating immersive experience, especially if they can make games as well that work with the Razer Hydra tech... The future might be sooner than we realize.
  • pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I had fun times way back playing Wing Commander, will definitely check this out. After my disappointment with STO this might be the one to get me back into the space genre.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    yolksonu wrote: »
    I had read about this and it does look like it could be interesting. A big science fiction and space opera fan plus I just like space and science in general (as if you couldn't tell by my sig).

And your avatar shows you don't take it TOO seriously, Herr Doctor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • deathssickledeathssickle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    popsook69 wrote: »
    What makes this game even more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> intriguing is the fact it is a confirmed title to work with the Oculus Rift (3D Head Mounted Display) as you can see from the wiki ... That by itself makes it a must watch title for me.

P.S. For those of you that don't know what the Oculus Rift is, I highly recommend googling it, wave of the future in gaming in my opinion for creating immersive experience, especially if they can make games as well that work with the Razer Hydra tech... The
    future might be sooner than we realize.

Funny I had done a little article on my blog about the Oculus Rift back when it was in kickstarter. Nice to see some development with it
    I am usually Deaths Crowbar.

Anyone still searching for guilds you can check out HCG Hardcore Christian Gamers.
    NW FAQ | HCG NW Host Site
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yolksonuyolksonu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 61
    edited December 2012
    And your avatar shows you don't take it TOO seriously, Herr Doctor.

It is a great dark comedy and that relates to the second quote in my sig. Also goes with another of his quotes.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    Einstein - "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
  • popsook69popsook69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Funny I had done a little article on my blog about the Oculus Rift back when it was in kickstarter. Nice to see some development with it

For sure. I've never tried it myself but everything I am seeing and reading about looks extremely promising. From what I read, most devs should have kits and SDK in hand by April 2013. My guess is that people will start to hear a lot more about it end of 2013 or early 2014.

As for Star Citizen, I can't wait to hear more news but from what I've seen this is still early for real news about this game. The concept is exciting though.
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    popsook69 wrote: »
    For sure. I've never tried it myself but everything I am seeing and reading about looks extremely promising. From what I read, most devs should have kits and SDK in hand by April 2013. My guess is that people will start to hear a lot more about it end of 2013 or early 2014.

As for Star Citizen, I can't wait to hear more news but from what I've seen this is still early for real news about this game. The concept is exciting though.

Yeah expect a two year dev cycle at least. But who knows...with almost 7 mil raised when only 2 mil was plotted, maybe it could theoretically accelerate it especially passing all the stretch goals....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]