test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question to the devs about the beta

fredrik85fredrik85 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
Is the beta invitations going out in batches at surten times och how does it realy work i havent seen a clear information about it...

cos i realy love the game as far as ive seen videos and read about it and ive signed ut for the newsleter cos i heard that wat you supose to do to get acces but i just want some clarety on it.

Thanks in advance // Fredrik
Post edited by fredrik85 on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    The answers you seek are in the sticky FAQ. In short, CBT has not started yet (Closed Beta Test), so no keys have yet been sent out to those who qualify. When CBT begins, those who qualify for beta access will be phased in and keys sent to them. Not all players who qualify will get their key and access at the same time. The only keys that are out are the ones from the conventions and even those who got them are unable to do more than download the client in advance, since CBT has not yet started.

If you seek direct Developer responses, then check out my post HERE where I put together dev quotes that answer your inquiries.
  • fredrik85fredrik85 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nice awnsere but still how do you sighn up to get the (CBT)?
    will you have a system that cheeks the pc for hardware information or something simulare or is there gona be something else?
    I can understan if you canr reveale this information as of tey but there wold be nice to get a heads up about something like this becous i am a wery dedicated mmo gamer and a D&D player so this is a big deal to me and I supose to alot of people out there asweel.

and as always thx in advance // Fredrik
  • hazrothhazroth Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited August 2012
    "How do I (and how did others) get/will get Beta Key Access?

Those who already received Closed Beta keys for their completing the demo at PAX East/E3 as well as those who will get future keys from signing up and pre-ordering Torchlight 2, or lifetime subscription holders for Star Trek Online, Champions Online and other potential lifetime membership options offered by Cryptic and/or PWE (check with your community moderator for details) will receive invitations to a Closed Beta stage, but an actual specific Beta start date is not guaranteed and may vary for different users. If you have received a Beta Key, see the next questions below.

(Note: This answer will be updated as we receive new information.)

Are these the only ways i can get into Open/Closed Beta?

No. As per Stormshade's Archived Reply, there will be other ways to get into Beta, and the pre-order/lifetime memberships is/was just a thank you for those who continued supporting Perfect World Entertainment's Torchlight Series or Cryptic/PWE's lifetime membership purchases.

(Note: This answer will be updated as we receive new information.)"

Taken from the FAQ that zebular linked in the post above you. Read it, it answers a lot of questions you might have! :)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    Indeed, do check that FAQ. Just by being a registered member of Perfect World Entertainment (which you are since you're posting here), you are entered to be randomly chosen to receive a beta key when they get to that point in handing out keys. As said in the FAQ, by Devs themselves, and as Hazroth points out, there will be other opportunities to get a beta key in the future.

You can redeem a beta key, as well as check your beta status, here.