test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MMORPG Loves The Foundry (article)

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited August 2012 in General Discussion (PC)
MMORPG Loves The Foundry
By Stormshade @ August 24, 2012 at 3:59pm

Our friends from MMORPG visited us while we were at Gamescom last week. We spent some time catching up, and then dove right into showing them everything you can do in The Foundry!

Take a look at some of what they said here:

"They say that the people are the lifeblood of an MMO. If that's true, Neverwinter is going to be an immortal beast. Cryptic Studio's upcoming, massively multiplayer addition to the Neverwinter canon is a game with a vision. It wants to break all the rules. It wants its players to help make the game as they go along.
Literally."

If that little bit is leaving you wanting to know more, head on over to MMORPG's website, and give the full article a read right here.
Another Gamescom article!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ryvvikryvvik Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 966 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2012
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=9241&page=9

posted that in foundry also, though it probably got missed with the last 3 pages of that topic going beserk.

Bring On PAX PRIME hope we see something different
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Yeah add that to the MMO bomb award for best F2P MMO, it looks like Cryptic has turned the corner.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Another point is that it is an honest review. MMORPG was never impressed by neverwinter game and regarded them with not that much of "perception power" but the demo at PAX changed them around completely. After that they have been constantly following the NW progress.

p.s. Now that I think about it, was the interview at PAX in a closed booth... :p
  • iamtruthseekeriamtruthseeker Member, Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    From the OP's article's feedback consecutively posted. (names removed but you can go to the original mmorpg.com article to see the unedited comments)

Cryptic: "Let the players try to make their own content so we can focus on the Cash Shop. (Besides, actually producing content is too much like work)."

Which is all Cryptic/PWE does these days.

Another good IP bites the dust.

Mark my words, this game is going to be the GW2 killer!

Isn't it...interesting how we have this (looks for diplomatic words) extreme hyperbole predictions on two completely opposite directions on two consecutive feedback posts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    gillrmn wrote: »
    Another point is that it is an honest review. MMORPG was never impressed by neverwinter game and regarded them with not that much of "perception power" but the demo at PAX changed them around completely. After that they have been constantly following the NW progress.

p.s. Now that I think about it, was the interview at PAX in a closed booth... :p

Yeah and if you look at some of the comments in that article

(I'm never trusting Cryptic again Failll d000mmm!!!!! /eyeroll )

I suspect the same thing is going to happen, a lot of folks are under the impression that this will be a slightly tweaked version of Paragon studios content creator where people will just build farm maps (which you can't do in Neverwinter) I think that Neverwinter will be a game built on word of mouth and that is one of the strongest things going for it. The buzz about this game is vastly different from any MMO I have seen in the past five years.....it's going to be interesting to see where it ends up.

Isn't it...interesting how we have this (looks for diplomatic words) extreme hyperbole predictions on two completely opposite directions on two consecutive feedback posts?

Yeah it is...personally I want GW2 to do very well, I want that community to stay exactly where it is for the same reason I wan't LoL to continue doing well.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    What makes it interesting, Truth, is that both statements are likely accurate.
    I'm not really a John Galt,
    but I play one on the forums...
    :P
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited August 2012
    I don't have enough experience with Cryptic and PWE other games to defend them against claims such as the cash shop comment...
    But what I can assume from the person who stated that is that he has never played NWN before and doesn't realize UGC could be considered as core to Neverwinter as a d20 is to D&D.

There will always be doomsayers before, during and after games exist. It's a fact of life.
    Perhaps this person had a bad experience with Cryptic/PWE which is between him and Cryptic /PWE and I won't be saying "shame" until I see something done that I don't support.

From what's on the table we have a great thing building up here. It's getting more and more hype as the game progresses and the following gets larger and larger. I've shown people this upcoming game they've never heard of and eyes start glistening as they see the currently displayed mechanics.

I don't think it's abnormal to see such conflicting reactions to the game. It's only natural to see some unhappy people in the crowd.
    My closest friends won't dare mention a certain famous MMO they know I am so adamantly against that I will say things I will regret later even though I do, somewhere deep inside, know the game isn't all bad. *grumbles in anger at that admittance*

I think we'll all just have to wait and see which person's prediction was more accurate.
    And hope that NWO will be the GW2 killer!
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    From the OP's article's feedback consecutively posted. (names removed but you can go to the original mmorpg.com article to see the unedited comments)
    Well I would use the word ill-informed. And I am being kind as to not to question the motive of ignoring knowledge while posting...
    Yeah and if you look at some of the comments in that article

(I'm never trusting Cryptic again Failll d000mmm!!!!! /eyeroll )

Well truth be told, cryptic did bungle a lot. So I would expect comments like that from any public forums. That is why I suggested stromshade to keep releasing videos regularly because videos of the game would speak for itself.

The more videos are released, the more people will understand. Though there would be those who would try very hard not to understand even when everything is in front of them, but truly, the game can do better w/o them.