test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[RPG Recruitment] The Road to Neverwinter

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2011 in Art and Fiction
It was a cold, calm night. The wisps of grass flew upon the gentle wind. It was summer. A variety of bugs - fireflies, grasshoppers and moths – danced and sang, embracing the cloudless sky and pale light of Selune. And yet, something was stirring. Darkness known to none in the small city of Valenrine.

c45dd708fd046050aea012131d1c9d23.jpg

Valenrine was a small city nearby Silverymoon. It wasn’t anything fancy, to be honest. Not many traders visited the city since the valley it was placed was very hard to reach, even in summer. Nevertheless, the city was known for it’s mines of gems that have been filled with magic after the Spellplague. Two times a year a caravan reached the valley buying gems and selling supplies.

On the night when it all began, the caravan was still 2 days from the city. It all started with silence, overwhelming silence. No voice, no song, no animal was heard within the miles from the city. The darkness started gathering in the sky and on the ground. Slowly, silently it crawled closer and closer to the city.

When the darkness reached the city wall, wherever it touch was felt, blue flames ignited, consuming all in its path. The first to suffer the blazing blue flames were the miners. Somehow the gems they collected answered to the call of the darkness, and darkness answered to them. Very soon, the whole city was engulfed in the raging in the blue fire. Screams of pain and suffering echoed violently, but nobody could hear them. No sound was allowed to escape the darkness.

You watched as those who you have loved are consumed by the flames, as their essence was siphoned into the precious gems that were the pride of the city. You run, tried to save others or simply panicked and scream, but the blue flames did not reach for your life. You were spared when almost all were devoured.

The dawn came, but there was no city of Valenrine in the valley anymore. On its place stood a great forest and a small crystal that could easily fit into a human palm. You stood before it, one of you took it, and you gazed into it, there... you saw it – the city, its people... inside the crystal. They moved, smiled and worked as if nothing happened. They lived, unconscious of the disaster they suffered, imprisoned in the crystal.

Uncertain, confused, in self-denial, you gazed for hours into the crystal. Somebody finally spoke:

- Our mayor had a powerful wizard relative. Maybe he could help. He was said to go to Neverwinter, to help with rebuilding it. If we... if we find him, maybe...- the person spoke no more, just gazed into the crystal.

They were alone. The road before them was long and dangerous, but maybe the caravan could help them.

Rules

Now then :) I would like to start a pbf (play-by-forum) game on the forum in DnD 4 ed FR. I know a bit of the system, but not that much, I’m more knowledgeable of the previous edition.

Anyway:

The number of players: I need about 4-8 players

Level: 1, lets start from the beginning

Exp: I think I take fast xp rate since in pbf there is not as much fights as in normal game

Races&Classes: any, just give me info from where did you get it

Alignment: any

Frequency of posting: minimum 1 time a week

Biography: write at least 1 A4 story about your life, your motivation, your family and your training

Write dialogues and names like that:

-Hi, my name is Torlic. I have an interesting offer for you...- said Torlic, the dwarf.

Thoughts without “-“

I need to think this through! The elf looked around nervously.

How long will the recruitment take? About 2-3 weeks.

My e-mail: laefor@gmail.com

Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    This seems pretty sweet. Are you using any other tools besides this forum, like OP or Online Gamer? I really love using the online game boards because it helps me visualize the game and especially the encounters. I also tend to use a lot of custom rapid prototypes as mini's for RPGs, so I need a more robust system for that. I know a lot about 4e, so I'd be willing to help there...
    edited June 2011
    I would like to use Dundjinni to make maps for fights, but I don't know about OP or Online Gamer, never heard of it.
    edited July 2011
    OP = Obsidian Portal. Online Gamer is a smaller, more indie version of OP. They don't help with maps--just everything else. Pretty handy if you have the time and like the computer interface.