test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My 3D Dragonborn

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited December 2011 in Art and Fiction
Once I saw this at E3 i decided to start working on this project again in my free time. Some things that id like to add in the future are armor, textures, and most importantly animations. Any other ideas or comments would be great, thanks!
rEFJF.jpg

I'll start to just update this first post as I work on this.
http://i.imgur.com/3zmYI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/IhinM.jpg is where I'm thinking ill finish modeling unless someone sees something I need to change. I know bulettes are huge compared to the one I have on him...but I thought it looked cool so I'll say he killed a baby or something lol

MWfzB.jpg Here is the beginning of the skeleton. I'm naming everything now...so basically I'm procrastinating because naming is so boring.

PVz1D.jpg Here it is posed. I still have alot of weight painting to do before i can animate it.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2011
    really nice man, holy many poly's is that as is?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Thanks, its 10,000 total but half of that is the jaws which I can drastically reduce. I'm glad you asked, probably would not have even looked at that for a while
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Excellent work. Have you put in your animation nodes yet?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Nope, still getting together reference for armor. Hopefully I do the rig well, its definately my weakness. But it will all be worth it when I can start animating
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Dragonborn don't start with wings but they can get them via a PRC. Too bad Dragonborn aren't in the game from the start. I kinda like them.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    for an update, I have some armor done. I'd like to cover his waist a little but not entirely sure what id do. http://i.imgur.com/ThyDF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    First of all, I'm impressed. I can't do very much as far as modeling, so something like this is like magic to me. As far as the model, I like your take on the Dragon-born. I really don't like some of the canon art for Dragon-Born from Wizards. They're too lizard-like. I also do not like the wings on the D & D mini's. They're always in the way. Perhaps I'll see if one of my craftier friends can fashion a design for a custom Dragon-Born mini (realizeinc.com could make such a mini). Keep up the good work, sir. Perhaps you could even fix some of the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the third players handbook. >.<
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks, yea I used a lot of dragon pictures as reference and only the one dragonborn picture so I guess it would look more dragon-ish. It would be awesome to see a mini of it, if you get him to make something, please post it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nice work:),never was much of an artist myself or designing on the computer.
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    beautiful work, some hard work went into that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amazin' ! :x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thats deffinately a damn good start. i cannot wait to see the finish. im an artist and have been dying to do something like this what are you using is it a downloadable link i could use or something i have to buy? i wanna do a tiefling assassin so bad due to the work ive seen its not epicly evil enough for me:eek: