test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Velvet : Charactor backstory

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2011 in Art and Fiction
The young man got up out of bed and viewed out his window at the bustleing city of Waterdeep. A light knock comes from the other side of the room. The man goes over to the closet and puts on a robe, He then sais, " come in please."

The Door opens slighly and the head of a small woman, (not much more than a girl) peaks around the corner. She smile and opens the door the rest of the way, reveling that she's wearing nothing more than stockings.

" ah Velvet, How was your day off?"
" It was quite relaxing clara. How was your night?"
" It was uneventful, Thank Sune. Only two clients and they were quite nice." she smiles.
The young man smiles back. " And now you come here to lure me to your room with your femine wiles."
She laughs at the joke and sais, " I would love too do that but Madame Jenna has her rules. The young man nods and goes to a chair in front of the large basin with a mirror.

An older woman perhaps in her mid forties bursts in the room, and looks at the two of them. " What's going on here Clara? Velvet?" The girl speaks up first, " Nothing that you would'nt appove of Madame Jenna. We were speaking of my engagements last night, and Velvet's day off."

" I see." The older woman replies. "Clara, Please get some rest." I have to discuss some things with Velvet."

Clara walks out waving good-bye to the two of them, while Jenna closes the door behind her.
" Velvet? Do you remember the wife of the Cloaktower mage a few months ago?"
" yes Ma'am, she had particular tastes that one did." He smiles at the rememberance of the rendevue.
" You didn't hit the residence afterward did you?"
" Oh no Madame, I was hopeing she would become a regular customer."
" Well Dear lad, The house was hit and the mage has put a price on your head. I believe the husband found out and framed you. Its time to Pack." She frowns at what she said. Velvet looks out the window for a moment.
" well It's been five years. I've been careful with my appointments. What will I do now? This place has become my home and life."
Jenna looks sad a moment then she speaks. " It happens to the best of men Velvet. The girls they have staying power, The men well it's different. I hate loosing them but everyone has their time. I've arranged for you to go to Baldur's gate. There's a friend I have there that will round out your education.

Her name is Misty. She runs a small guild of beggers attached to the shadow thieves. Be careful Velvet. Shes a vigilant follower of Shar, with the strangest of tastes."

" I will Madame. I'm always vigilant myself in what I do. What will I be doing there and how long must I be away?"
" Well Misty is a mistress of shadows. She will take you in for a year and train you to better what little you already know of now. It's all been arranged for you, and I fully expect you to pay her well for the education."
" I will Madame there's no woman yet that I haven't found a way to satisfy thanks to you and you're persistant guiding hand."

The sadness in her eyes leaves at the compliment, for even she falls victum to his charm from time to time.
" After you spend a year with Misty, You will book passage on a ship to kuru-ta. Misty will give you your assignment , and your contact. You'll be working for a yakuza organization, a thieves guild there. A man with your education can become a very wealthy man with this organization."

She goes over to the bed and sits by the headboard post.
" For now my dear Velvet, We have a few hours and I wish to remember you in my own way."
Smiling, She pats the space on the bed beside her. He laughs, his warm eyes grow soft. " With pleasure Madame. I owe you everything I have."

He goes over to the bed, slides down beside her and begins massaging her hands.

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    Velvet wakes up first, A delicate arm wrapped around his waist. He rolls around on his back and slowly takes the hand, stroking it gently. Misty smiles in her sleep, but he doesn't see it; in fact he's never seen her face.

He lays there thinking of this odd new patron. The way she gathers shadows around her disappearing in broad daylight. The way she uses her men and women to find out the happenings of even the most distant of lands.

His time here is almost at an end. In another week he'll be boarding a ship, and setting sail around the distant continents of the west on to Kura-ta. The few that know the route say its faster than the overland trade routes.

He hears a slight hissing sound on the pillow next to him. He rolls back over, turns her hand up and continues to massage the pads.

Velvet looks over at the night stand. Two things attract his attention as they do every morning since he's been here. The first is a very lifelike statue of a squirrel. He studies it asking himself why it's the most dangerous of women that are often the loneliest, and the ones that need the most attention. These women seem to cry out for it in their own individual ways.Then he looks at the small box. Just this week Misty had given him it for a job well done. Within its depths lie a small glass, A jar with crushed ice that will not melt as long as its in the jar and seems to always be full. The last is a tiny wand that produces a candleflame.

He smiles warmly at the memory of Jenna and soon Misty will be but a memory; neither whom he will see again.

Her hand moves and cradles his chin. He closes his eyes.
    " Ah, my pet, Almost time for you to leave. I wish there was more time. I could keep you here with me, but I remember the times Jenna and I adventured together. You must go so my appetite doesn't get the best of me."

She sighs, " That was long ago. Come here: Let us share the morning together."

Velvet rolls over. He keeps his eyes closed. A finger traces down the bridge of his nose. A soft set of lips meet his, and the morning ensues.
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    Velvet opens his eyes as the water licks his face He smells of salt, and sand. His fine cloths drenched. As he sits up he remembers the storm the rocking of the ship and then..........nothing. As he looks around all he sees is debris strewn about the shore. The chill north wind whips up making him fell its clammy cold caress. Velvet collects all the usable debris he can and starts a fire. His hands shake and he breaks out into a sweat. After the fire gets to rolling He searches again. After a long search into dusk he finally finds one of the things hes searching for a dark bottle with a special mark. Taking a shell he carefully pours the green translucent liquid into it. The smell of anise comes up to his nose and he smiles. He drinks from the shell then pours and drinks again. His hands steady out. He can feel the fire's warmth at last. Velvet can see the fires of street lamps in the distance. Tomarrow morning he will collect what he can and make his way to the lights.