test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many maps can be linked together?

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2011 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm wondering how many maps, in one quest or mission, can be created and linked together. Anyone know or have any idea?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    shonsu02 wrote: »
    I'm wondering how many maps, in one quest or mission, can be created and linked together. Anyone know or have any idea?
    In STO, the upper-limit is currently 10.

However, maps in Neverwinter might be larger or smaller (and the custom interiors means fewer maps are needed by players, hopefully).
    edited June 2011
    how big are the areas in sto
    edited June 2011
    rowski wrote: »
    how big are the areas in sto

The maps vary. Some STO exteriors are very large, others are no more than 1 square km.

I'd imagine Neverwinter would be all over the place, especially if they let you use maps of social hubs and pre-made zones (Champion's zones are some of the largest I've seen--massive areas.
    edited June 2011
    The maps vary. Some STO exteriors are very large, others are no more than 1 square km.

I'd imagine Neverwinter would be all over the place, especially if they let you use maps of social hubs and pre-made zones (Champion's zones are some of the largest I've seen--massive areas.

I have just recently started playing CO and have been playing STO for a little while longer and I would agree that CO areas are huge, if the city of neverwinter is as large as Millenium City in CO I will be more than happy at that.
    edited June 2011
    That's good to hear. Thanks for the info!
    edited June 2011
    10 as in "This dungeon has 10 rooms"?
    edited June 2011
    its 10 areas that could each include a number of rooms.
    edited June 2011
    STO has a limit of 10 maps. these maps could be one tiny room or a very large interior made up of lots of rooms or a big exterior map, depending on what you want to do.

so for NW we will have the ability to make our own dungeon levels by sticking rooms together, which sto currently lacks so imagine up to 10 levels, with each level having numerous rooms and corridors.

i have used the foundry extensively for sto and 10 is more than enough for a single mission.
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the explanation. :)