test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Water and Underwater based elements?

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2011 in General Discussion (PC)
I know I always loved campaigns/zones that took place underwater or on it - fighting pirates, beasties of the deep, exploring ship wrecks, coral cities, etc. Yarrr! I dearly hope so.

Also, will there be some form of levitation spell?
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    Hopefully.

Champions Online has swimming, so the engine supports it at least.
    edited June 2011
    Underwater would be cool! And since we are on such a topic how about extraplanar type areas, or being able to create areas that have anti gravity (if memory serves this happens in 'C2 the Ghost tower of Inverness').

Cheers!
    edited June 2011
    Really hoping to see opportunities for swimming; ships and indeed climbing. Swimming near the sea seems to forget something important. Ships without the chance of getting on one seems a lost opportunity, and not being able to climb in a coastline with so many cliffs would be disappointing. Lets hope that these things are scripted even if not fully animated.
    edited June 2011
    One of my many disappointments in DDO was the lack of swimming mechanics or enviorments. Sure there was the gauntlet in the Crucible but turned to a horrible of just stand still and let the current carry you. My ranger invested skill point into swimming despite the total waste of it just because it is my wilderness survivalisty toon. GW2 is tapping into underwater mechanics and exploration and I hope Cryptic also spents adequate amount of time developing. Was very dissapointing how LotRO was on on the surface swimming.
    edited June 2011
    Wait... are you actually asking for a water level?
    Man. Gaming has changed.

But seriously, deep, deep water with terifying beasts lurking beneath. Skeleton pirates on ghost ships. Kraken fights.
    edited June 2011
    I think it would be a great idea for an expansion being able to design sunken cities like Istar in Dragon Lance.

Not sure on swimming yet have not seen it in any screen or game play video.

I do know at release every thing pretty much happens at Neverwinter city proper or just out side the gates. I have not seen any new layout for NW so I am not sure if there is a lake nearby.
    edited June 2011
    N
    Hopefully.

Champions Online has swimming, so the engine supports it at least.

This *points to post*

Though, everybody also has water breathing in that game to, they'll still need a mechanic for drowning. But I suspect swimming is the harder part and they already have that part nailed down.

Some dungeons were you have to swim to get to secret areas and such would be nice. I also wonder if they'll implement the athletics skill to supplement swimming somehow.
    edited June 2011
    N

This *points to post*

Though, everybody also has water breathing in that game to, they'll still need a mechanic for drowning. But I suspect swimming is the harder part and they already have that part nailed down.

Some dungeons were you have to swim to get to secret areas and such would be nice. I also wonder if they'll implement the athletics skill to supplement swimming somehow.

I wonder if they'd implement encumbrance?