test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Bound Items

I would love to see some farmable gear be moved from account-bound to guild-bound. This could be a change made to gear 1 or 2 modules back - essentially, it would be a way for guilds to help new members get into dungeons and campaign content effectively! (Particularly the Vallenhas gear)

If you want to avoid this being abused, Guild-bound gear could function exactly like account-bound, but with one specific addition - it is able to be added to the guild bank. I don't see this being abused, frankly, especially if it's lower gear (and not the most recent items) being updated with this status. It would be a really cool way to encourage guilds to revisit those zones, pick up some of that gear, and help members to access the content that they want to play without necessarily needing to perform that grind themselves. It can be hard, right now, for someone to get to the item level needed for Avernus without account unlocks, collars, or high-level enchantments.

There may be other items this could be applied to as well! Gear, off the top of my head, is simply the one thing that's difficult right now. Seal equipment (the starter stuff) would be nice too - I get seals, and turn them into AD, but it would be cool to be able to grab a class set and pop it in the guild bank for someone starting out and new to the game.
Tagged:

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    What would happen if you have a guild bound item and you leave the guild? It magically disappears from you? It magically goes to the guild bank? What will happen if the guild bank is full?

Right now, almost any mature guild would have their guild bank filled up to the max.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • starrlight#7491 starrlight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    If you take a guild bound item and leave, you'd be able to give it to your new guild. But, like you said - advanced guilds tend to be full, so unless a guild wants to make space for this, it really isn't something anyone would find worthwhile to abuse. (If the bank is full, you just can't put it in. Same as today ^^)

My friend and I, on the other hand, have a newbie guild that will likely never be leveled XD due to the amount of time it takes to get shards. We enjoy running things for it, though! And we have friends and occasional players who are new, have a hard time understanding the systems needed to get equipment, and who are too busy to farm but enjoy running dungeons etc with us. It would be neat to be able to give them slightly better gear, if not the endgame stuff, and see them better situated to have a fun experience. It's also just another perk in favor of joining a guild as a newer player.
    edited September 2022
    Well, in this case, the guild bound item is basically an unbound item with the only difference that you cannot sell that in AH. However, it means it can be traded with "alternate currency". The item can be passed to anyone with an invitation to a guild and many have personal guild. It is even more 'valuable' than normal item from AH. Most item from AH can't be passed to another player (re-sell, re-trade) because most would be character bound after equip'ed. This guild bound item will not be.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited September 2022
    If you really want to go through that effort, I suppose. But you would have to trust that person to deposit the currency/items and are taking a risk - it isn't like a trade where you can decline. I really don't think most people would find the effort worthwhile, especially not for outdated gear. But that's specifically why I'd only add the ability to add things to the guild bank and leave off the ability to trade between guild members - then you can't enforce payment and the risk goes up for anyone attempting to "sell".
    edited September 2022
    Many players including myself have their 'personal guild' for their alt characters.
    If the item is old and useless, then, nobody will care to spend the effort to do anything fishy.
    If the item is kind of useful and guild bound, Person A can set the price. Another person B can pay the price. Person A put the item to the guild bank. Invite person B's character to the guild to pick up the item. Person B leaves the guild. Person B can do the same thing for that item in the future.
    Then the trust has to go the other way - I wouldn't trust paying an unknown person in advance. Especially when you can probably hop in a guild, find someone nice enough to give you the thing for free, and do it that way. It's so easy to get seal gear and vallenhas gear at this point that paying for it is meaningless.

It could definitely be exploited if people were determined to, but I think the positives would outweigh that, and I don't think it's worth shooting down simply because of that! You can do that with guild currency now, I guess - "pay" people to join your guild and deposit their currencies. But nobody does because that would be strange. And it isn't a gamebreaking cheat, even if they did.
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    When everything was unbound, every guild had a vault full of equipment for new players to help them rank up. Now, most items are account or character bound, especially the equipment main characters get in large numbers that they give to their alts but when they run out of alts to give to, they are unable to give to guild members because mot equipment is BTO or BTC.