test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does this mean Dragonflight in Stronghold is gone forever?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
edited June 2022 in General Discussion (PC)
In patch note:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11519953

Since you allow Golden bell to be exchanged for AD in Antiquities Scholar, it implies Golden Bell is obsolete and that implies Dragonflight is also obsolete. Please tell me I am wrong.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    Someone in my alliance suggested they might make it more like marauders - an event that doesn't need a special and expensive item to start.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User

Someone in my alliance suggested they might make it more like marauders - an event that doesn't need a special and expensive item to start.

You could start it free on even hours between :30 - :35 after, anyway.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited June 2022

It could be started free every 2 hours as mentioned. The bell was for those who wanted to run that more often. A source of extra income for Cryptic. Since Cryptic chose to give up that income, that implies Dragonflight will not come back.

Marauders can also be started free every 2 hours except there is no pay choice like Dragonflight to run it more often.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Yes, and it was strange that they removed the wizard if they were fixing DF. They could’ve just removed the option for DF, temporarily, since the wizard did other things like learning sieges or whatever they were called (not that anyone did those).
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    I'm not at the game at the moment, but are the strongbox keys still available?
    I think all the gear is still there at the vendor and in collections... I was enjoying collecting it all up to last week.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    mintmark said:

I'm not at the game at the moment, but are the strongbox keys still available?
    I think all the gear is still there at the vendor and in collections... I was enjoying collecting it all up to last week.

There are also special dye packs that you can only get with fangs. You have to ask the vendor if he sells anything besides armor, and then he'll show you an alternate list of choices.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I had heard rumor's they were going to FIX it, yet I also thought it was for M23, so I was a bit surprised it was taken out.

Yet our CM cleared this up here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1265375/greed-of-the-dragonflight
    edited June 2022
    strathkin said:

I had heard rumor's they were going to FIX it, yet I also thought it was for M23, so I was a bit surprised it was taken out.

Yet our CM cleared this up here:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1265375/greed-of-the-dragonflight

I knew that announcement long before the patch note (the announcement was a week before the patch note) and because I knew that announcement, I was surprised by the patch note which essentially remove Dragonflight for good or will replace what used to be Dragonflight. The announcement implies some adjustments. Allowing the bell to trade for AD means it is the end of what used to be Dragonflight. For me, it is not "fix it". It is get rid of it and may provide something new.

When Cryptic is willing to give up income ($) for this "change of Dragonflight", for me, that implies it will not be something similar to what it used to be. Something fundamental will be changed.

On the other hand, may be they are super "smart" about it. They get rid of 'Bell' and will introduce "whistle" to do what "bell" used to do and force people to buy the new "whistle". 🤔
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    edited June 2022
    The CM announcement: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1265375/greed-of-the-dragonflight
    can be interpreted in different way depends on your mind set.

The Greed of the Dragonflight guild event has been temporarily removed in order to make some updates to this content. The Golden Bell will be removed from the Zen Store shortly. We apologize for not properly noting this in the launch patch notes; we will provide additional updates as to the development of this feature when available.

The Greed of the Dragonflight guild event has been temporarily removed in order to make some updates to this content.

When I read this the first time, I interpreted "this content" is Draongflight. Now, I think they mean "guild event". i.e. update the guild event from Dragonflight to something else.

The Golden Bell will be removed from the Zen Store shortly.

I initially thought it is removed shortly but also temporary because "Greed of the Dragonflight guild event has been temporarily removed". No, they did not say remove the Bell temporary. I just thought so myself at that time.

we will provide additional updates as to the development of this feature when available

I did not pay attention to the using of "development". If it is a fix/adjustment, it should not say "development of this feature". It is also a "feature". If this feature is Dragonflight, I would expect the writing to be "we will provide additional updates of Dragonflight when available" instead of "... as to the development of this feature ...".

So, IMO, the new guild event is either not Dragonflight or a totally new and different Dragonflight.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    ...or "temporarily removed" in the same manner as the missing dungeons and skirmishes.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    When Cryptic removes something it is always temporary and it never comes back ;)