test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Known Wizard Bugs

bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
edited June 2022 in The Library
Hello, As Robert suggested, in last Driftwood Tavern broadcast, I'm starting this thread, so you can post the wizard bugs that you're aware of.

Rainer already started a spreadsheet to report all bugs, I think it's easier to sum up the bugs there, to have a single document without repetition : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R9dqSeSmhk8d1nRaK9S2L1NbG2wiICHw-w1UGxLRZSQ/edit?usp=sharing
Post edited by bifflinculte on
Tagged:

Comments

• bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    Repel on mastery does absolutely nothing to cc immune targets.

Some cold spells like chill strike, icy rays and ice knife have to be triggered several times (especially in trials) to work. Maybe it's network issue, maybe because of cast time/animation.

Icy rays (thaumaturge) is able to proc several stacks (2 to 4) of the Zariel and the Durgard Thord weapon sets.

Smolder (thaumaturge) sometimes still randomly stacks with rimefire smolder.

Arcane power field feat (arcanist) doesn't double the buff from arcane stacks when the "a step above mastery feat" is on. With 10 arcane stacks, the buff should jump from 10x1=10% to 20%, but on practice it is only 15%.

Arcane empowerment daily (arcanist) : the cd reduction is buggy, and the end of the buff, the cd gain 2-3 sec.

Shatter strike Feat, thaumaturge:
    -Arcane Singularity doesn't deal damage to cc immune targets and doesn't trigger Shatter strike, although the "immune" status appears on top of the target.
    -Furious Immolation doesn't proc Shatter Strike on cc immune targets, although the "immune" status appears.
    -Conduct of Ice doesn't proc Shatter Strike on cc immune targets, although the "immune" status appears.
    -Icy rays (thaumaturge) procs Shatter Strike twice agains cc immune targets

Sometimes, in the middle of a fight, the wizard can't move anymore. Using spells or dashing work fine. Only way to fix is to swap toon or relog. It may be related with ray of frost at-will.

In the Lair of the Mad Wizard dungeon, everytime the toon travels to the fire and to the ice zone with stamina bar not full, it is teleported very far away from the new map and it takes 5 seconds to spawn at the right place. This doesn't affect all classes, for example cleric isn't.
    Post edited by bifflinculte on
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I've taken the liberty to try and collect bugs from all classes (including Wizard) and put them all in a google spreadsheet. The spreadsheet can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R9dqSeSmhk8d1nRaK9S2L1NbG2wiICHw-w1UGxLRZSQ/edit?usp=sharing

If you have any other bugs that you would like to be added contact me on discord (Rainer#5152) or via email (rainer.neverwinter@gmail.com).
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    • Cooldown bug (looks like what's left of this problem is not class specific, though there is someone on the forums who believes it's related to switching repel in and out of encounter slots) thread that has been posted here before: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1255905/pc-severe-bug-s-wizard-cooldown-bug-stunlock-issue
    • Steal time is missing 3/4 of the sound since its rework https://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1264203/wizard-arcanist-encounter-power-steal-time-has-no-sound-of-its-own#latest
    • Steal Time has been accidentally nerfed in the same rework and doesn't trigger everything it should https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1262886/wizard-after-changes-non-intended-nerfed/p1?new=1
    • Fireball visual is gone since rework, it's supposed to look like the fireball power of Red Wizard of Thay or the Shores of Tuern boss
    • Stuck in storm pillar and can only teleport version 1: being stuck in at-will animation which every class can have, but because storm pillar is a charge-up move, it can seem like you are completely stuck. However, if it's this version, you can release yourself by pressing the same button (storm pillar) again.
    • Stuck in storm pillar and can only teleport version 2: the wizard specific one where you get completely stuck and can't do anything at all other than teleport. Apparently once you get this one you will keep getting it and it's better to quit playing than deal with it every day.
    • Artifact mainhand at-will bonusses still list Lightning Bolt (encounter power) instead of Storm Pillar (at-will power) as option. Presumably (I haven't tested it) it works on Storm Pillar regardless of the text.
    • Shield bugs:
      1. Shield goes on cooldown immediately instead of being re-activatable
      2. Re-activating shield (with bug 1 still there) takes the wrong animation/cast time - the wizard should cast it outward by moving their hands out (or, that is the old animation). Instead, the first casting animation is repeated.
      3. Shield can't crit on the amount of shield hp.
      4. Re-activating the shield both causes an outward explosion and reapplies the shield. This means that as long as you have some blue HP from your shield left, you can re-cast it with the explosion every time you cast it. (I have no idea how this works in relation to other shield-hp being applied to the wizard.)
    Things that I'm not 100% sure are really bugs:
    • Still shield things: when you re-activate the shield, it isn't removed (when you cast it outwards to explode). I don't know if this is up to spec or not, it doesn't mention getting removed when re-cast in the description. But that's how it used to work before shields were simple health bar things.
    • Arcane power field doesn't double damage buff from arcane stacks, as it doesn't work over the stacks from A step above mastery. (I think there has been either a change or a statement about this since. So I don't know if it's still an active bug)
    • Snap freeze only works any time you apply stacks of chill, so if you reach the max amount of stacks, it doesn't do anything anymore
    • Lightning bolt has something funny going on that seems related to (minor) height differences between the player and the monsters.
    Instructions on how to shield, because it's definitely not obvious: (this is not a bug, but an explanation to accompany the reported above shield bugs): (You can click here to expand) How 2 shield, current state, re-activate option:
    1. cast shield
    1.5 it goes on full cooldown
    2. wait the cooldown, don't let damage take the shield away (13-18 seconds)
    3. cast shield again (near enemies that are not control immune for the best effect
    3.5 it goes on full cooldown again
    4. it explodes, deals damage and pushes the surrounding enemies away from you

How 2 shield, current state, deplete option:
    1. cast shield
    1.5 it goes on full cooldown
    2. take damage until the shielded HP is gone (I don't know how this interacts when the shield is overwritten by for example a paladin's shield powers)
    3. it explodes, deals damage and pushes the surrounding enemies away from you (edited) jump
  • bifflincultebifflinculte Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Update about the stuck bug (thank you Tenebrae): It seems the bug has changed. Now when you get stuck, you can't cast encounters neither (cd is reset but nothing happens). When dashing, it's possible again to move and to use encounter, but as soon as you cast one, the bug occures again. Relog is the only way to get rid of that bug.
    Also not really a bug, but when Arcane Power daily buff is up, the dot of Ray of Enfeeblement is reset when you cast a second roe within the dot duration. If i remember well, the dot of Entangling Force has a different behaviour and is cumulative.
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2022
    I just wanted to pitch in and say that the bugs regarding cooldowns are the absolut most annoying ones in the list. In my opinion and several others I asked, this should be very high on the list to fix.

Another concern of mine is that wizards has long cooldowns. That's fine if we do a lot of damage with our powers. But what happens when you release gear that gets a huge buff based on how often you can cast encounters? These items can buff other classes more than wizards and I think this is something to consider.

Also I watched the stream and I really do not agree with the statement that data shows that Arcanist is not really that far behind other classes. I think you should take a second look at the data and consider the data being faulty in some way. You may also want to look at data with and without band of air. This ring stands for so much damage that it can make the data show you something that isn't fair.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    dillygirl said:

Fireball visual is gone since rework, it's supposed to look like the fireball power of Red Wizard of Thay or the Shores of Tuern boss
    This is one that's been broken since M18 when they reworked it or earlier slightly... ...it doesn't even Render Fireball for most Wizard's.

:-1:

Post edited by strathkin on