test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Sound When Tabbed out of Any Window Mode for Neverwinter

I'm posting this on the recommendation of the customer service representative responding to my technical issue.

I am a streamer on Twitch streaming Neverwinter. Many times I'm required to click out to other windows out side the game window. When I do this, there is no sound whatsoever. I playing the game using Fullscreen Window (Window-Borderless) mode. I've tried with the other modes with the same results, no sound.

Normally, there's an ability in the sound set up that allows music to be played when you tab out of the game window. However, with Neverwinter, there is no feature.

My question is this: Is there a command line for the launcher that I can enter that would allow the sound to be played when tabbed out of the game? Conversely, a command that would ignore 'window focus?"

Dead air on a stream is like dead air for a radio or TV station. So, any help y'all can give me to remedy this issue I be much appreciative for it. Thanks.

Lastly, the CSR said, "This may be a glitch in our system on why there is no audio coming out due to the tabbing out even if it is borderless," and "On my end, I will pass this along to our Senior Game Lead so they can check it with our development team."

Comments

• Options
    strykergaming#5011 strykergaming Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Is it possible for one of the @crypticdeveloper#9399 to give this a look? Thanks.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hello! I will pass this along to the rest of the team. Thanks!
  • Options

Nitocris, thank you very much. This is kind of maddening when you're streaming with no sound when you click out of the game window.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer

Nitocris, thank you very much. This is kind of maddening when you're streaming with no sound when you click out of the game window.
    Feedback was passed along and logged but I can't say where it will fall on the prioritization list at this time due to upcoming Dragonslayer launch and the pre-pro work being done on the module afterwards.
  • Options

Feedback was passed along and logged but I can't say where it will fall on the prioritization list at this time due to upcoming Dragonslayer launch and the pre-pro work being done on the module afterwards.
    I wanted to do a follow up on this. Now that Mod 24 is live, will this be looked into and a solution offered? Thanks.
  • Options
    newversaillesnewversailles Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    i second this. having sound in the background, especially while waiting long time for a BHE/MHE, would be great