test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinters incredible timing with things being free I just purchased, and your stat plays

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 585 Arc User
Just today I purchased the mote with zen and with AD got all the glyphs I needed and refined the Garnet enchantment to maximum. I had 53, something stats when done. I finished the cradle of the gods dungeon and went back to p.e. and noticed when I was looking to see what I wanted to refine next that I was down to 50,144. I was so mad because I had just had a problem of losing 7000 stats. That time I didn't realize my companion was gone and when I put him back they came back.(how a companion can change your stats that much is a mystery still) I was so mad I just checked out for awhile. I got on again and checked hoping they were back. I realized my Garnet enchantment was gone. I had just purchased a mote with zen for it, and gotten the 5 or 6 glyphs of potency over the last 3 days for the refinement. I refined it to maximum and got like I said 53, something. You had had a claim valuable thing on the home page coming in. The garnet enchantment was the only thing you offered I could get so I got it. So you take mine away??????? And my stats are not as high. The thing can't be refined that I put there from your freebie stuff and the stats aren't as good. I am so sick of purchasing a companion and next thing your giving it away anyway. But I think that is just outrageous that I could go to the much trouble just for you to take the one I had away. I would like to hear from the developers about this. TY

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    When you get an enchantment to max level, you can trade it in for account wide unlock, which you just did. You can now claim one maxed out Garnet enchantment on all your now and future alts.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User
    edited April 2022
    No, they are not 'free'.

Read everything (and try to understand what it mean) before you click.
    You were offered to trade your normal max level enchantment (which was unbound) to an account wide max level enchantment (which is bound but available to all characters).
    When you 'trade', it means you need to give up something. They take your normal enchantment away (step 1).
    Then, you claim the account wide one from the claim agent (step 2).

Regarding companion and item level, there is no mystery. Did you read the companion page? Do you see "item Level Contribution: xxxx" in the bottom of the page? Every companion gear and power have item level associated with them.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    As usual you don't understand or comprehend what I wrote. Or are you being deliberately obtuse. I said I made the garnet enchantment maxed, paid for the mote, got the 5 or 6 glyphs necessary. I did not trade it the same day or any other time for a lesser garnet. The garnet I 'claimed' not traded was on the home page where it was flashing claim valuables and gee the only enchantment I could claim was another garnet. I have three cobalts and so I know one can have more than one. The garnet I had just maxed disappeared and I had no choice but to put the stupid one I claimed in. It did not have the max number of the one I had maxed, it is either 1200 or 1500 and my stats went down to 52 something when they had been 53 something. Plus I had just paid to max that garnet out, I only took the other one because I still have some enchantments at 600 and thought I might replace them. THERE was no offer to trade that one for one that could go to all my characters who could have claimed them on the home page themself. The one I got can't be refined. And I have one enchantment at 3000 which is what I think the garnet I maxed was. I understand what you mean but it has nothing to do with what Iam saying.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    1. They have not ever given out free mythic enchantments, this is not Cryptic given out free stuff or forcing you to do anything.
    2. You have a record of misreading or glazing over, or otherwise misunderstanding things.
    3. Maxed Garnets are only 1500 iL, not nor ever have been 3000
    4. This is what you have right?
    edited April 2022
    jana#2651 said:

As usual you don't understand or comprehend what I wrote. Or are you being deliberately obtuse. I said I made the garnet enchantment maxed, paid for the mote, got the 5 or 6 glyphs necessary. I did not trade it the same day or any other time for a lesser garnet. The garnet I 'claimed' not traded was on the home page where it was flashing claim valuables and gee the only enchantment I could claim was another garnet. I have three cobalts and so I know one can have more than one. The garnet I had just maxed disappeared and I had no choice but to put the stupid one I claimed in. It did not have the max number of the one I had maxed, it is either 1200 or 1500 and my stats went down to 52 something when they had been 53 something. Plus I had just paid to max that garnet out, I only took the other one because I still have some enchantments at 600 and thought I might replace them. THERE was no offer to trade that one for one that could go to all my characters who could have claimed them on the home page themself. The one I got can't be refined. And I have one enchantment at 3000 which is what I think the garnet I maxed was. I understand what you mean but it has nothing to do with what Iam saying.

You have no idea. You traded it and you do not even know about it. You traded that with the claim agent. The exact same place you thought you got a free enchantment. You did not get a free enchantment. There is NO free enchantment in the claim agent. You bought/traded it right at the claim agent.

"The garnet enchantment was the only thing you offered I could get so I got it." because you only have a max unbound garnet available to be ready to "trade". If you have a max out cobalt, "the cobalt enchantment would be 'offered'" too.

Only the max one can be traded for an account wide. Many of us have done that more than 10 times.

In the picture above, the bigger enchantment (top left corner) in the box is the account wide enchantment. The smaller enchantment in the bottom right corner of the box is the 'price' (your max unbound enchantment).

It is NOT a lesser enchantment. You traded your max unbound enchantment to a max bound account wide enchantment. The 'new' one you got can't be refined because it is maxed out.

There is no 3000 item level garnet. It is in your imagination.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    Why do I have a 3000 cobalt enchantment I refined to 3000 then. Why did my stats drop when I put on the one from the "claim valuables" from the home page. I did not go to the claim agent but the page looked the same. And dont tell me where I got something from or something is in my imagination. Do you answer me here just to be rude? I was at 53 something in stats, then I dropped to 50 something and was so disgusted I left for awhile. When I came back my garnet Ihad just maxed was gone but I could put in the one I got from the claim valuables from the homepage it gave me 52 something. So please don't bother to answer my questions find someone else to be rude too.
    edited April 2022
    jana#2651 said:

Why do I have a 3000 cobalt enchantment I refined to 3000 then. Why did my stats drop when I put on the one from the "claim valuables" from the home page. I did not go to the claim agent but the page looked the same. And dont tell me where I got something from or something is in my imagination. Do you answer me here just to be rude? I was at 53 something in stats, then I dropped to 50 something and was so disgusted I left for awhile. When I came back my garnet Ihad just maxed was gone but I could put in the one I got from the claim valuables from the homepage it gave me 52 something. So please don't bother to answer my questions find someone else to be rude too.

Move your mouse to your cobalt. Do you see item level 3000 under the cyan "Cobalt Enchantment"? If you do, please post a picture which is your proof to show it is not in your imagination.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    Thanks to Chris Whiteside for making this the NW playerbase. Now we only need TikTok content creators.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

Thanks to Chris Whiteside for making this the NW playerbase. Now we only need TikTok content creators.

and an honorable mention goes to the "community development program" as well lol