test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could someone tell me what skill nodes are?

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 594 Arc User
Just heard of them in challenge of the Gods, one God wants you to use 3 skill nodes and I can never figure out what a skill node is, anyone know ty?

Best Answers

• callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Its those things which need either a kit to open [religion Kit, Thievery Kit etc] or an innate ability.

They are dotted around the various maps usually half-hidden away :)
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited March 2022 Answer ✓
    Looting skill nodes is also required to get one of the rod used in upgrading the forgemaster box.

Google "skill nodes neverwinter"
    For me the 2nd result is this video (1st one is the IGN definition of neverwinter skill nodes)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu1hKyRm91U
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    rikitaki said:

@jana#2651
    But on the serious note, nowadays the skill nodes disappear if you take all the loot from them. It is, by design, an opportunity for a single person-per week-per map instance.

And yet, I can seem to find ones that I've already looted when I run through zones, sometimes on the same character, on the same day.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

Answers

• rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    What a funny question. The game introduces the player to the basic terminology and mechanics right in the beginning when you go check the crown which is the centrepiece of the whole Neverwinter story... Oh wait, never mind, that part was deleted too. :p
    edited March 2022
    @jana#2651
    But on the serious note, nowadays the skill nodes disappear if you take all the loot from them. It is, by design, an opportunity for a single person-per week-per map instance. So, if you cannot find any, someone already picked them up that week.
    Frankly, this challenge of gods does not make any sense at all in the current settings.

(More experienced and generous players leave at least one item in the node behind, allowing it to be picked up by other players too. But that means knowingly bypassing the design - which is, by definition, an exploit.)
    Post edited by rikitaki on
    edited March 2022
    greywynd said:

rikitaki said:

@jana#2651
    But on the serious note, nowadays the skill nodes disappear if you take all the loot from them. It is, by design, an opportunity for a single person-per week-per map instance.

And yet, I can seem to find ones that I've already looted when I run through zones, sometimes on the same character, on the same day.
    a) you left at least something in the node behind
    b) you entered a different instance (well, there is a case of an instance getting a "bonus" reset too - if it gets removed due to the lack of players and added back again later on for the newcomers)
    Post edited by rikitaki on
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Nodes respawn in 10 minutes or so. I used to farm them all the time in the early days.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    @pitshade
    There are not many things that work like in the early days any more.
    But sure, if they changed it this month again, sure... I have not checked this month's ninja adjustments.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I've seen them respawn in front of my eyes.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    Especially in Dragonbone Vale... the place is littered with them. And they seem to respawn more quickly. Avernus is quite good too.

I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but skill nodes are where patient players farm insignia powder.
    edited March 2022
    In that case it must be something new, as when I was still collecting MW materials, ordinary nodes never respawned for me and I spent circling on the map hours and even days. But that is a good change then!
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    It has been like that for a long time. I used to do that in WoD (for years) to get nodes. No, I don't need to change instance to get a new one. They respawned ... eventually.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***