test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.135.20220208a.18

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11513613

Comments

• anna#4890 anna Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    Why did you release this lockbox if it's entirely broken?
  • murphystoutmurphystout Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Please share what the development team learned about why they released the lockbox with these issues and what they have done to correct it. Please show the community some accountability for these continued fowl ups (pun intended).
  • alphalostalphalost Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    You release a lockbox that it's entirely broken and its not your priority to fix it. You got to be kidding. The player base its half that it used to be and whit things like this it will only go down more.
  • powerpuff#6508 powerpuff Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    So the most minor problem with the bugged lockbox / companion / mounts was fixed - and that was a compelling reason to bring the system down for maintenance to rush it out? Seems the new Executive Producer isn't having quite the impact that I hoped. Optimism - 1 :'(
  • karistianakaristiana Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I just have to ask, why are cubes of augmentation included in a new lockbox when new weapons don't have modifications? Are y'all trying to tell us something? Are weapon modifications coming back?

I get that many people use older sets, myself included (masterwork and mirage), but there are previous lockboxes that may drop cubes. Older weapons, older boxes. Besides, cubes are also sold in the WB, so it's not like they are unobtainable elsewhere.

Even if it is the intent to bring back mods to the weapons, why not wait to bring the cubes back in a lockbox when that change actually occurs? New enchantments on the other hand, would be a most welcome addition to the potential lockbox drops, even it was limited to only rank 1 for now.
  • ericfother#7556 ericfother Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2022
    alphalost said:

You release a lockbox that it's entirely broken and its not your priority to fix it. You got to be kidding. The player base its half that it used to be and whit things like this it will only go down more.

/sarcasm ON

REJOICE though...because they added Rank 3 enchants on the Zen Market

/sarcasm OFF

Agree with you. As a person who is a "professional" "test engineer" I find it appalling that they release a feature that is entirely broken. I might be able to cut them some slack if it was something minor like a color or some clipping on a particular model...but no...you can't even claim it! I would be even further appalled if they didn't test this and didn't know it was broken before releasing it. Pile on top of that...they only mentioned part of the problem in the original release notes...then later mention ADDITIONAL issues if you have the mount/companions from the previous lockbox.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but didn't this same issue (can't claim on other characters in account) happen on one of the previous lockboxes? and was subsequently fixed....

Back to the issue at hand. Under the "Agile" principle...you want to deliver "value" to the customer on a regular basis. However...when you spend 90% of your release announcement talking about the new mount and companion...then the other 10% on the usual "other stuff" in the lockbox....and then you release it without that 90% working...what "value" exactly are you releasing to us? Just stuff that I can get if I open any one of the previous two or three lockboxes?

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User

So the most minor problem with the bugged lockbox / companion / mounts was fixed - and that was a compelling reason to bring the system down for maintenance to rush it out? Seems the new Executive Producer isn't having quite the impact that I hoped. Optimism - 1 :'(

You do realize that they have server maintenance every week and have since the start of the game in 2013?
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • grandforest#4819 grandforest Member Posts: 33 Arc User

Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11513613

What kind of game is this?? I don't mind exploring the Zen market. Why are there no stones in the subways in the chests? Why are there no stones in the terms of the master? Why are there no stones in events? Why are there no stones in rewards in various places? WHY?? At the Zen market, they stuffed the stones ... And you can’t donate, after all. Stop the planet, I will step off.
  • mjgroomin83#6117 mjgroomin83 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I can't play now. Get rid of the patch or fix it