test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Has anyone finished stealing the crows egg for acquisition 1?

jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
Everytime I get my stats up I try again and end up in the lava until I give up again, I've tried different mounts-thought the crow might be good-haha. Different companions, anyone have any tips??

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Never had a problem with collecting Jim's breakfast.

Except for the fact I'm collecting his breakfast.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    Take a friend along if needed. If you are in a guild, ask them to help or if not, then join one and then ask. : ))
  • jana#2651 jana Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Its not the kind of quest you can take a friend along. Like the cult prison in well of the dragons, you might have someone next to you, but your both alone when you get inside. Okay greywynd you have never had a problem but how do you do it. Do you collect feather first or what? But ty both for answering.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Run up to the nest. Get tossed back. Collect the 3 feathers. Go bug the giant. Avoid the deepcrow's landing. Run around to get back to the nest. Get the eggs and depart.

When I run it, I clear the path back first while collecting the feathers. That way all I have to deal with is the scorpions in the nest.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Run back from the giant area. If your mount is fast enough, there is running path to avoid fighting until seeing the scorpions.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    Thank you, that was a little useful. what stats are you guys, I am up to 40,755 and it says you only need 30,000. But I would be surprised if anyone could do it with 30,000.
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    The level of IL required is, often, way off in the listings and is a poor way of rating any content. Most of the solo content is listed *way* too high and dungeon/trial/skirmish *way* too low. Don’t take it personally, but I’ve had an alt do this at ~30k (my main did it before 30k was even possible) and even got through the intro to New Sharandar at ~22k (normally locked until 40k) when it was open to all the first few weeks, just takes patience and strategy.

At the same time, I wouldn’t even bother with Demo or other dungeons unless you’ve got an amazing build or are 5-10k higher than the listed IL, at least. 30k for RADQ, 40k for Demo, 20k for ToNG? Not unless you’re carried, lol.

I started with and main a rogue, and I think the roleplay mindset of rogue/thief helps. Be tricky, sneaky, dodge, run, hide, use the environment (for instance, find a narrow area where few or only one enemy can attack at a time) and definitely don’t go head on (facetank) with anything you aren’t sure you can easily beat. Learn the environment and enemies, don’t be afraid to die, but make it a learning experience (how could I have done better?).

In this crows egg area (really any area you’re having trouble with), just go slow. If you can go around something, do. If not, take on only one mob at a time. Back/run away so you don’t agro more. Concentrate most on taking out one mob member at a time, particularly ranged and healing ones, and run if they’re really beating you down (dying, often, makes the whole group respawn, meaning lost progress). It can be slow, but impatience can make it slower. Good luck.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
    Thank you that was good advice, I think someday I am going to like my rogue drow the best when she gets up there in stats, she is only five now, but I think she does better than my other two ever did in that area, helps to know what to expect. And your right about the demogorgon I wont try it until I get to 60, maybe not then even lol.
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    Right now, the rogue is one of the better/easier characters to play, most likely for the reasons that plan009 states: think like a rogue and avoid as many fights as possible.
    With other characters, I found that you need to kill more of the mobs--especially when you are getting back to steal the egg (after the fire giant). If you take too long to kill the last scorpion, you will aggro all the mobs that you have bypassed and you won't be able to leave with Jim until you fight all the remaining mobs--which can get you killed and cause a restart.

I have done it like both suggested above--both clearing the path before the scorpions and also running/avoiding all the mobs--but if you have any chance of getting caught for a lengthy battle with the last scorpion, I suggest you kill the mobs on the way to the nest.

Keep in mind--iLevel is only a suggestion--with poorly balanced stats, you could easily "drop" your iLevel 5,000 or even 10,000 points. In other words, people much lower in iLevel could out-dps you because they focused on the more useful stats. I know it shouldn't work that way, but it often does.
    Good Luck
  • plan009plan009 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    From time to time over that last couple years I’ve heard people say rogue was easiest. Maybe, it’s hard for me to judge. Late last year, a person I was helping out decided to try a rogue because they wanted to be as good as me, lol (I’m end or near end game, so what did they expect). What they decided? Rogue was unplayable and gave up before even getting to lvl 20. I found it amusing that they’d tell me that. At the same time, I know at least one rogue in our guild that puts me to shame, lol. Clearly my stats can still be improved.

I tried leveling another rogue and three other dps classes. Of course, I found the rogue to be easiest of the four, bard hardest (hard to get used to the way you play music, but otherwise seems a little like a musical rogue, lol). Still, I use that rogue mindset for all dps, not just rogue, and have gotten other classes through that area the same way, as well as the intro to Sharandar at around 22k. Maybe some did need to fight more, but the general tactics were the same. It’s just a matter of what’s most fun and suits you best (usually the same thing).

@jana: I hope you enjoy the rogue. :) I was just using that as an example of a good mindset to get into for hard areas, but go rogues! Lol. Anyway, just think about tactics and the best way to get through those areas.
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." - Socrates
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I probably should have qualified what I said when I stated the rogue is easiest to play right now--I started with a rogue and cleric. I play all the characters, but I started with the rogue, so it works really well for me. I do like the combination of both AoE and single target encounters, and as a dps, it does quite a bit of damage very quickly. Right now, it works well because the squishy side of the class is de-emphasized because mobs tend to melt quickly. While not end game, I still do well in all areas.

I think wizard is a good class as well, but I am a horrible wizard player--they have a good balance of AoE and single target as well, but with my atrocious playing, the squishyness of this class really comes to the forefront and I find myself in trouble quite a bit.

strangely enough, Rangers were/are supposed to be top dps, but I can't seem to quite get the proper rotation to make that work either.

I should have tried bringing a rogue up from brand new before I said that the rogue was easiest. That might be completely different than how a level 20 works. Oops.
  • arieswytch#9832 arieswytch Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    jana#2651 said:

Its not the kind of quest you can take a friend along. Like the cult prison in well of the dragons, you might have someone next to you, but your both alone when you get inside. ...

I've done both those quests with another person. You have to be in a party to go in together, but it works.
    Thanks you guys everyone gave me some food for thought. I want more stats thats what I want. But thanks to you I at least got three feathers and used it to fool the giant , it took 40 minutes to get those feathers but it is still the furthest I have gotten.If I can find someone I am going to try the party. TY again everybody.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    The easiest way is to take it slow. Fight small mobs if possible and, when it is time to head up to the crow, you can shift through her blast with no damage and no blow back. Timing is key and the moment she blast, shift and get out of there because she will blast again.