test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

jewel of the north unbind other players

horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
nitocris83 can you explain this thing to me why i can't have used some glitch? if so I want provisions and explanations, thank you

Comments

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Apparently in the last update or as a hotfix, the devs changed some artifacts so that they could no longer be unbound. The Echoes of Prophecy pieces and Forgehammer of Gond are the ones I'm aware of. EoP are infinitely claimable and the Forgehammer creates a secondary item which presumably wouldn't be removed when a character no longer has the artifact. The stealth fix was to stop an exploit in both cases so I doubt there will be any sort of compensation.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • horizonxaelhorizonxael Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    then I expect them to be removed from the auction
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The flow of new items has been shut off. It's possible the devs would take further action but I doubt it. They didn't even change the binding status of the previously unbound items.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited November 2021

People already spend unbind token on it. You have not spent anything (as you still have your unbind tokens).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Your really asking why you can't take part in an exploit of the game? I'm not bothered in the least about the prophecy stuff but forgehammer sort of annoys me. I had it drop on a toon that will never use it and would love to move it.
    reg1981 said:

Your really asking why you can't take part in an exploit of the game? I'm not bothered in the least about the prophecy stuff but forgehammer sort of annoys me. I had it drop on a toon that will never use it and would love to move it.

The only reason I can think of getting the unbind token myself is for the forgehammer. No, I don't have a toon who has 2 binded forgehammer at the moment. Once upon of time, one did but it was discarded already.

Just in case they consider the "exploit" is legit, I actually stashed a stack of 100 of each claimable artifact. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Thanks for posting this. I bought a unbound forgehammer before they become way more expensive again.

Also so far the forgehammer stays unbound when I equip it.

People already spend unbind token on it. You have not spent anything (as you still have your unbind tokens).
    look at that or the tokens and i also tried with the green version wade pictures before commenting.
    reg1981 said:

ut are you smart, can you read? i'm not asking for anything i'm asking for help for those who used it
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    They stopped any more from being added. Don't expect them to do more.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

They stopped any more from being added. Don't expect them to do more.

if you talk like this you are one of those who have benefited from it
    Yeah, me and my 5 unbinding tokens have unbound thousands of them and flooded the auction house with them.

Stop making accusations you can't back up.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    You are upset that you missed a small window to exploit something and want everyone else to pay?

Something tells me that if you were the last to person to unbind one (before the fix), you would be equally upset that someone wanted to take your AD by doing what you've suggested above.

How about you just 'get over it'. And NO I didn't benefit from it either.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    greywynd said:

Yeah, me and my 5 unbinding tokens have unbound thousands of them and flooded the auction house with them.

armadeonx said:

You are upset that you missed a small window to exploit something and want everyone else to pay?

Something tells me that if you were the last to person to unbind one (before the fix), you would be equally upset that someone wanted to take your AD by doing what you've suggested above.

here you are wrong i never abused this HAMSTER in my life on this game and stop talking nonsense
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User

reg1981 said:

ut are you smart, can you read? i'm not asking for anything i'm asking for help for those who used it
    @horizonxael

"nitocris83 can you explain this thing to me why i can't have used some glitch? if so I want provisions and explanations, thank you"

This is your exact quote, correct?

You asked directly why you can't have used it. And you want provisions and explainations. Do you know the definition of provisions?

Provision = the action of providing or supplying something for use.

You directly asked to be compensated. So yes I'm smart and can read... How bout you?
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    You do realize with all artifacts you can unbind, it works exactly the same as the forgehammer and jewel does. People were selling the Jewel of the north dirt cheap; less than the unbind value would be. The other two pieces of the set can't and never could be unbound, so its not completely negating paying for the milestone. I wouldn't have spent unbind tokens on it myself, that's for sure.

Many players unbound these items and kept them and would simply be punished (wasting 20+ unbind tokens) just for you to feel good about yourself?

The forgehammer I unbound one to give away as my tank had 2 (got a second from xmas event last year), didn't get to unbind the second so bought one when changes happened for 1.6m. To me, this would end up a waste of 20 unbind tokens and 1.6m as I already had a mythic forgehammer.

You can call it an exploit or abuse all you want, but anyone who unbinds Wyvern knives, charm, demo reach ect to move to other toons as debuff options are doing it for the exact same reason, to not need duplicates.
    reg1981 said:

reg1981 said:

@horizonxael

"nitocris83 can you explain this thing to me why i can't have used some glitch? if so I want provisions and explanations, thank you"

This is your exact quote, correct?

You asked directly why you can't have used it. And you want provisions and explainations. Do you know the definition of provisions?

Provision = the action of providing or supplying something for use.

You directly asked to be compensated. So yes I'm smart and can read... How bout you?
    because I saw that they put the jewel and I did a test and seeing that it was not possible I was wondering why everything was on sale here.

greywynd said:

armadeonx said:

here you are wrong i never abused this HAMSTER in my life on this game and stop talking nonsense
    The core of your initial argument is that other people managed to do it but it didn't work when you tried it as it was after the fix came down.

Summary: you tried to do it and are mad because you couldn't. As such you want those that successfully unbound theirs to have that benefit removed.

Quotes from you:
    "can you explain this thing to me why i can't have used some glitch? " i.e. others did so why can't you.
    "look at that or the tokens and i also tried with the green version wade pictures before commenting." i.e. you had a proper try.
    "then I expect them to be removed from the auction" referring to other people that did unbind them & that you resent them getting a benefit you missed out on.

So saying "i never abused this" is correct, but is misleading because you did actually try to and are now angry because you missed out.

You do realize with all artifacts you can unbind, it works exactly the same as the forgehammer and jewel does. People were selling the Jewel of the north dirt cheap; less than the unbind value would be. The other two pieces of the set can't and never could be unbound, so its not completely negating paying for the milestone. I wouldn't have spent unbind tokens on it myself, that's for sure.

Many players unbound these items and kept them and would simply be punished (wasting 20+ unbind tokens) just for you to feel good about yourself?

The forgehammer I unbound one to give away as my tank had 2 (got a second from xmas event last year), didn't get to unbind the second so bought one when changes happened for 1.6m. To me, this would end up a waste of 20 unbind tokens and 1.6m as I already had a mythic forgehammer.

You can call it an exploit or abuse all you want, but anyone who unbinds Wyvern knives, charm, demo reach ect to move to other toons as debuff options are doing it for the exact same reason, to not need duplicates.

did you admit abusing the glitch?

You admitted to trying to abuse it.

armadeonx said:

you insist on having your say ha ha ha

armadeonx said:

you insist on having your say ha ha ha
    Absolutely. I don't like hypocrisy.

anyway @nitocris83 did not give an explanation are you an admin? no then do not comment on nonsense things I am very clean.
    Clean only because you didn't get to do it.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User

• rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    pitshade said:

Apparently in the last update or as a hotfix, the devs changed some artifacts so that they could no longer be unbound. The Echoes of Prophecy pieces and Forgehammer of Gond are the ones I'm aware of. EoP are infinitely claimable and the Forgehammer creates a secondary item which presumably wouldn't be removed when a character no longer has the artifact. The stealth fix was to stop an exploit in both cases so I doubt there will be any sort of compensation.

Does this also relate to class sigils? They're free and infinitely claimable, and classed as an artifact are now able to be unbound. People are putting them on the AH at green. Free AD.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

pitshade said:

Does this also relate to class sigils? They're free and infinitely claimable, and classed as an artifact are now able to be unbound. People are putting them on the AH at green. Free AD.
    I don't know for sure but I'd guess that it'd apply to any artifact that can be claimed over & over again or like the Forgehammer, can be used once to make it usable then put somewhere else.

I imagine that if they haven't applied the restriction to sigils yet, they probably will.

edited November 2021
    Before the fix, all artifact can be unbound including reclaimable. That, for me, obviously an oversight. I spotted that possibility right the way and checked AH and saw all kind of reclaimable artifacts.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I personally don't see anything wrong with reclaimable artifacts being able to be unbound. They would have the overall lowest value and still cost unbind tokens, meaning its not simply free to sell. It'd come under use for only those who have nothing else to unbind or for those who haven't made the class yet.
    edited November 2021

I personally don't see anything wrong with reclaimable artifacts being able to be unbound. They would have the overall lowest value and still cost unbind tokens, meaning its not simply free to sell. It'd come under use for only those who have nothing else to unbind or for those who haven't made the class yet.

It is not about the class artifact but about "Jewel of the North" artifact (as the title of this thread), 1000 item level in mythic. Most cannot have it unless they bought the package in Zen store.