test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Reapers had the wrong tooltip description again

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
This time FBI, it said in the queue list no revives, reduced recharge, no consumables. What we got was no artifacts, no mount powers and no consumables. Someone later commented to me that it was maybe a problem with coding the dungeon, I said no, it's a very simple thing, the tooltip is just wrong. The dungeon is doing what it is supposed to do, the simple easy to create description of three things was what was totally messed-up and wrong by whoever was charged with doing the job. I said the reason this is so totally infuriating to me is that it's just writing text in a box and not hard to get right, it should NOT be happening. We have SO many tooltip errors in this game for so long it's a total joke. Players rely on tooltips for information. Information they need to play the game. It's important. Who is doing this job? Do they care? Are they blind? On substances? Or is the communication and organization in the office such a shambles that mistakes like this are made so consistently. It is mistake, after mistake, after mistake, after mistake, it's pitiful because it is so easy to get right. You could overlook an error here or there, but this is constant. And it's affecting us negatively.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    3- 4 times the penalty in the Challenge dungeon description has been wrong at least.
    Totally agree , tooltips in a game like this need to be accurate.. when they say they perform a certain way we need to know that they will perform that way.. not investing time or resources on something that all too often has been discovered after a time, not to work anything like the decription, only because someone has had to test it and make it known that it doesn't. Powers, equip bonuses.. insignia bonuses and buffs.. the buff bar and 2x bugs, some perks or bonuses show up some don't.. there is no accurate way for players to know what ones stack and what doesn't.. its a mess and confusing.

Also I would like to add, for quite some time now the reaper queue hasn't been sending reinforcements when someone leaves a public RC instance.
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    It's been that way almost every time past around the 6th or 7th one.

Also Reaper shouldn't be resetting an hour before the Daily reset but it does, you still have to wait for the daily reset for the Mark but the dungeon changes beforehand.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    tgwolf said:

It's been that way almost every time past around the 6th or 7th one.

Also Reaper shouldn't be resetting an hour before the Daily reset but it does, you still have to wait for the daily reset for the Mark but the dungeon changes beforehand.

I initially thought that the Reaper reset an hour earlier than the main reset was an intended feature by the Devs to provide an extra second chance to those who were unable to complete it that day, I actually thought it was a good idea for players and a nice gesture- some are much harder than others and it gives you another chance to get your token if you couldn't the first time. But yesterday it reset at exactly the same time as the main reset so my conclusion is that it was another bug, another error, and is now working as intended.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey folks - this has been escalated previously. I don't have any additional updates at this time.
  • irene#2829 irene Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    Maybe it's due to Daylight saving change (ends at 7 Nov), the update is -1 hour behind before 7 Nov.
    @nitocris83 it was wrong AGAIN today. Instead of no artifacts it was no revives. At this point it is an entirely embarrassing look for the company.
    edited November 2021
    And again @nitocris83 Said it was no consumables/artifacts/mount powers but it was no consumables/revives and we think recharge. Artis and mounts worked. WTF is wrong at Cryptic they can't get such a simple thing right and get it wrong so often?
    It's wrong

again

this time it says no mount combats but it's no artifacts.