test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

sybellas quests have been reset

pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
HI ,
with the issue of sybellas quests being knackered last week regarding the currency problem ie reapers quest currencies .I had held off of turning in my completed legacy quests for Icewind Dale on at least 8 characters .
You reset these quests today so the ones that I was waiting to turn in have now been LOST . It says that I have still to do them .
Another screw up , ta very much .

Comments

• grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I turned some in last week and I now have the old currencies awarded and the old rewards available to purchase. The worst of both worlds.
  • ukspawnukspawn Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Ho ho ho, this better be a joke.
    So you're saying completed sybella quests that hadn't been turned in have been wiped?

Uh oh.
  • andybones65andybones65 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    25 alts had quests to hand in, this better be fixed ASAP and reward us the quests that we completed.
    edited October 2021
    So, as it was mentioned in General, any quests you had completed but not turned in to Sybella since the last patch have been wiped.

I logged in and had 7 notifications about sybella quests being removed "out of date" that literally wiped 7 completed sybella quests. I went to send ingame ticket so I could atleast have the log with the quest removals directly attached and the system for both item and character support states ;

"Waiting for confirmation of your account... thanks for your patience"

• aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    I need to pile on here. This really needs to be addressed. I can confirm that my progress has been wiped. On multiple alts.

Not happy.

Please let us know that this can/will be addressed.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    This is especially wonderful news for all the players who *saved* their complete Tyranny of Dragons Legacy quests for 2x ToD event starting today....
    Same with Echoes of Prophecy, if there was ever a time that more people had saved sybella turn ins, it's now. It's worsened because it will impact every character/alt.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    So let me get this straight, people didn't turn in quests, for no reason at all, and then are upset that they sat on completed quests that they could have easily just turned in...wut?

From what I understand, turning in Sybella quests wasn't broken in any way before, you just couldn't spend your rewards.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    arazith07 said:

So let me get this straight, people didn't turn in quests, for no reason at all, and then are upset that they sat on completed quests that they could have easily just turned in...wut?

From what I understand, turning in Sybella quests wasn't broken in any way before, you just couldn't spend your rewards.

1. if you did not turn it in, it is gone.
    2. if you are in the middle of it, the progress is gone. e.g. you finished 4/5 quests. It is now 0/5. You finished 60%. It is now 0%.

I am not in group 1 because I handed them in when I got the new one on Monday. I don't like to go to PE.
    I am in group 2 but I am not too concern about losing those progress. That is minor for me.
    I am more "upset" about how they could have that happened for a supposed to be a "simple" "store" fix.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mintmarkmintmark Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 383 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Echoes of Prophecy encourages you to only turn in one quest each day for credit... people may have been saving turn ins for the new missions next week.

I especially look forward to waiting for BHEs again :)

• rey007#5400 rey007 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    I’m on console and thanks for the update. Sucks that you lost all of that work. Not sure why the quests had to get reset.
    - Rey

- in umbra igitur pugnabimus!
  • pelgraxpelgrax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 479 Arc User
    I had done the legacy quests for icewind dale as it was double rewards week . When they screwed up the rewards table , I held back from turning in the remaining characters quests to see if they would fix it with a patch before icewind dale x2 rewards ended .
    They didn't and when I logged in today that option of turning them in was then taken from me as they reset the quests .
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User

I knew something was up when I got this earlier.. now I see what.. next week we'll get 25 Tokens for the store.. Just watch.. shakes head.. typical
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    Glad I turned all mine in when she had her question mark over her head, it said you have received the maximum amount bla bla but I still got my tokens. Don't hate me, I just have an obsessive desire to hand-in things as soon as I can.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    @rey007 I believe they reset the quests because it was important to change the Journal/Protector's Enclave list of Legacy Quests to add a tag (in red-orange) that "This is a Battle Pass Campaign Quest".

This is added to all players Journals, even those that have *not* started the 'Echoes of Prophecy Campaign' which is what the Campaign is called in the 4th tab or your Journal (As I am far too busy with the rest of the game, I had to ask in Alliance chat "What is the Battle Pass Campaign" because I never heard it referred to as such anywhere). Personally, I think it should have had a trigger checking if the player has started the Campaign (showing the old menu until then).
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    First of all, I do not see why they did this? There should be no need for changes to these quests? Someone either did not think or just messed up.

Secondly, I think it is highly unlikely they got information detailed enough to restore the quests to where they were. At most they have logs of each reset quest. Restoring to where the quests were likely would mean rolling back the characters, which of course is not doable.

The best thing they can do at this point is just assuming all reset quests were ready for turn in and refund the rewards accordingly - based on what quests the character have in journal if necessary. That way they will err on the player benefit side at least.
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User

First of all, I do not see why they did this? There should be no need for changes to these quests? Someone either did not think or just messed up.

Secondly, I think it is highly unlikely they got information detailed enough to restore the quests to where they were. At most they have logs of each reset quest. Restoring to where the quests were likely would mean rolling back the characters, which of course is not doable.

The best thing they can do at this point is just assuming all reset quests were ready for turn in and refund the rewards accordingly - based on what quests the character have in journal if necessary. That way they will err on the player benefit side at least.

I assume they introduced something like internal tracking or statistics for quest, otherwise I dont see why they had to reset them.

The problem is allways the same, lack of communication. They could anticipate this to players, so people have time to claim rewards. Also they could tell why they do this, just with some words they could avoid all the rage.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

I believe one good reason, and the reason i didn't turn them in, was that you couldn't tell if you received credit from Sybella for your quests because they broke it the week before when they turned her into the Reapers Rewards agent. I turned in several on one alt, but couldn't tell if they were working, so I stopped.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    aslan3775 said:

arazith07 said:

I believe one good reason, and the reason i didn't turn them in, was that you couldn't tell if you received credit from Sybella for your quests because they broke it the week before when they turned her into the Reapers Rewards agent. I turned in several on one alt, but couldn't tell if they were working, so I stopped.
    Next time, check your log. Then, you can tell if you got it and/or got everything you supposed to get. They did not break the quest. They broke the store only. After this patch, they messed us up.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • tommy069#5108 tommy069 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

I think you misunderstand, so let me PUT you straight.

These rewards are primarily aimed at giving players an opportunity to get currency for uncompleted Campaigns.
    It's NOT just about the Store Currency. If that's the only thing you are interested in, then yeah... hand them in whenever you get them.

I have a load of alts who I've never run through certain campaigns.
    I hold on to the Sybella Quests for these characters when there is a "Double XX Campaign Currency" event for those specific Campaigns, in order to get the benefit. Even the ones that are not specifically for that campaign, because you can choose any Legacy Campaign to provide the Bonus Currency element.

So your assumption that they are withheld for "no reason at all" is wrong.

There are very good reasons for not handing them in as soon as you get them:
    1) The one I just explained.
    and in case having ONE valid reason isn't enough...
    2) Lots of people save up as many as they can for the Double Vallenhas Currency event, because they provide lots of currency to buy Juma Bags.

Straight now?
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I just saw the note and I'm a little confused because to fix the store showing up they shouldn't have had to touch the quests at all...so what what was the change with regard to the battle pass to the quests that as far as I can tell was completely missed in the patch notes?
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    The problem is some wanted the old currency and the old rewards and others wanted the new curency and the new rewards.

The only safe solution is to offer both currencies and both rewards and each character can decide how to spend them. both rewards would be totalled and any spending would deduct the same amount from both reward totals.

For example, you complete a Legendary Conquerors quest and get 5 rewards in both columns. Then you decide to spend 5 rewards on Legendary Shards and both reward colums are reduced to 0.

Seems like an easy fix.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    empalas said:

I just saw the note and I'm a little confused because to fix the store showing up they shouldn't have had to touch the quests at all...so what what was the change with regard to the battle pass to the quests that as far as I can tell was completely missed in the patch notes?

They added the battle pass icon to the quests to show they give currency. Any time they make changes to a quest, it resets the quest.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    here reason why, most of legacy quests are outdated and now barely a ghosttown zones at specific time, alone in that zone, no one shows up for BHE and cant get quest completed. i see flawed format. legacies dont need epic heroic encounters, more solo friendly quests.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

The problem is some wanted the old currency and the old rewards and others wanted the new curency and the new rewards.

The only safe solution is to offer both currencies and both rewards and each character can decide how to spend them. both rewards would be totalled and any spending would deduct the same amount from both reward totals.

For example, you complete a Legendary Conquerors quest and get 5 rewards in both columns. Then you decide to spend 5 rewards on Legendary Shards and both reward colums are reduced to 0.

Seems like an easy fix.

What new currency, old currency? They put the Priest of Myrkul store over Sybella's. They fixed that and in the process reset everything that had been done for Sybella.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.