test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Enchantments

I seem to have missed the tutorial on these. Can anyone explain what they are and how I can get them, I'm currently playing a level 12 Elf Ranger.

Comments

• Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    currently, enchantments are basically worthless except for IL and are not worth the effort to work on them until it is the very last thing you have to do. (this excludes armor and weapon enchantments) If you are just starting out just get the cheap rank 9 ones for the offense, defense and utility.

My only recommendation is that you get either get the Brutal or Azure ones for Utility as those are actually of some use.

Armor and Weapon Enchantments: If you want ones that are not bound to character or account you will either have to buy one from AH or make one yourself. I have no idea how others do it but I always use a coal ward to upgrade mine. (nor sure if coal wards still drop from dungeons but you do still get them from that celestial coffer thingy (Although, I have 10 toons so I can easily acquire a lot of the coffer thingies in a much shorter time frame than someone else with less toons)

These are the ones I had to make myself simply because it was way cheaper for me to do it that way: Most of my Barkshields, All of my Vorpals, Bloodtheft and Elven Battles. (I consider the Bloodtheft one to be the most difficult one to acquire because you cannot buy the shards using your seals and for the AH (for all of them) when there was anything you were just window shopping because the price was so high)

The rest were purchased recently (sometime during the beginning of this year) because the prices for most of the ones I wanted came down significantly for a short time (about 50K AD per enchantment for rank 8 and 9s)

When I started these were the cheap ones and what all of my alts had for the longest time since I do not upgrade them the same way as my 3 primaries. The Dread Weapon Enchantment, Rank 8 (all purchased from AH) and the Loamweave Armor Enchantment (came with either the moon elf or dragonborn purchase and I used this for a long while until I finally got around to getting real armor enchantments for all alt toons just this year)

As far as I know the only Armor Enchantment you should activily avoid is the Briartwine Enchantment, Rank 8 as the the amount of damage that gets reflected is Zero and is never higher than that. There may be others but I do not know what they are.