test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.131.20210712b.7

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's launch of Jewel of the North are now available.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11492643

Comments

• forumaccount#7167 forumaccount Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    Just to confirm are this all the changes to consumables? Because on the preview server the wild storm elixir and potency potions are nerfed by a lot but it's not mentioned in the patch notes. From 10% and 7.5% critical severity to 5% each.

• tombpriest#0604 tombpriest Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    The companions in the Companions of the Hall bundle cannot currently be reclaimed from the Reward Claims Agent. These companions are intended to be reclaimable.
    Is there another way to claim companions?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited July 2021

The companions in the Companions of the Hall bundle cannot currently be reclaimed from the Reward Claims Agent. These companions are intended to be reclaimable.

Is there another way to claim companions?

Until they fix it?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jakeesanjakeesan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Uh, where is the patch? I dont see any changes at all.
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    jakeesan said:

Uh, where is the patch? I dont see any changes at all.

Did you click the link?
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    I'm sure they had their reasons on the backend, but now having to hold down ESC to skip a cutscene instead of just tapping it is going to be a pain. Because certain cutscenes were skip-able and others were not and you never quite knew if it was possible to skip them so just tapping ESC once gave you the answer. It was just a quick action which didn't require more than a millisecond to find out. Holding down a key is fine if they are all skip-able now, but if not, this is not an improvement on how it was for the player. So can I ask @nitocris83 please, are ALL cutscenes skip-able now or is it like before where some are and some aren't. Cheers.
    Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.
    P.S. I'm also a little upset that the Trade of Blades has been changed without letting anyone know (not all players are on preview) if I'd known that this area which has been in the game since the start was going to be effectively removed, I would have gone in and made a video or taken a photo for old times sake.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Just saying that the loading screen is not an improvement. One of you patches previously introduced variable loading times - from a few secs to a few minutes and you could easily tell by watching the progress bar (and go do something else if it got stuck in the beginning.)

I'm sure they had their reasons on the backend, but now having to hold down ESC to skip a cutscene instead of just tapping it is going to be a pain. Because certain cutscenes were skip-able and others were not and you never quite knew if it was possible to skip them so just tapping ESC once gave you the answer. It was just a quick action which didn't require more than a millisecond to find out. Holding down a key is fine if they are all skip-able now, but if not, this is not an improvement on how it was for the player. So can I ask @nitocris83 please, are ALL cutscenes skip-able now or is it like before where some are and some aren't. Cheers.

The screen shows if the cutscene is skippable or not.

P.S. I'm also a little upset that the Trade of Blades has been changed without letting anyone know (not all players are on preview) if I'd known that this area which has been in the game since the start was going to be effectively removed, I would have gone in and made a video or taken a photo for old times sake.

They did tell us https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11489483
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    has anyone noticed the new leveling experience is similar to ff14 job quests?
    arazith07 said:

The screen shows if the cutscene is skippable or not.

They did tell us https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11489483
    oh. Well I missed that little nugget. ty.

Good to know re the cutscene also ty.
  • magnusekmagnusek Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is this a joke!?
    "1. The maximum RAD earned from daily bonuses to random queues is now 80,000 for non-VIP.
    2. Dungeon queue now grants its daily bonus on each run as long as you haven't hit the 80,000 daily bonus cap for queues for the day."
    YOU TOOKE FROM US 100K and you give us 80K? And if i no VIP member i can ony earn 80K? Game from now is Pay to Earn more AD?
    @magnusek No, they raised the daily bonus from random dungeon group from 24+5k(+5k for any amount of repetition) to 30k+30k+20k (flat stop of the bonus). It is only about the random dungeon bonus - not about how many rAD you can get or refine per day.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    So the likes of FBI and eToS are now treated as basic dungeons and are accessible to players of rank 5? Good luck getting players on their 1st day in the game to understand those mechanics. FBI in particular. At least that one will require the campaign completion.

I like the change to traps though!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    I went to log in to see the new mod and found it had not yet been installed so I was able to quickly make a record of the Trade of Blades, same as I did for the original Sharandar. I didn't bother making one for any of the other areas being deleted because at the rate they're going in deleting things now I might end-up having to make videos of every location in the entire game and that's just a little much. But I did want to have a record of the Trade of Blades because I spent a lot of time there over the years. I recorded and uploaded it in 4K but it's still processing at the time I'm posting the link here so may be fuzzy until that's done.

armadeonx said:

So the likes of FBI and eToS are now treated as basic dungeons and are accessible to players of rank 5? Good luck getting players on their 1st day in the game to understand those mechanics. FBI in particular. At least that one will require the campaign completion.

I'm also not happy that CR is back in the random list, everyone hates it and leaves and it's a pain, it was much better when they removed it from the random queue list and made everyone happy but I guess our happiness doesn't matter, and personally there are dungeons on the advanced list now which I have never done in my life and never intended to either and I though I have no intention of avoiding the advanced queue and missing out on my daily AD, I am sure there are going to be some majorly p!ssed-off players when I don't know wtf I'm doing. I just had no intention of ever doing them and now I'm being forced into them. Thankyou ever so much Cryptic for knowing better than I do what I want and forcing me to do it.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

armadeonx said:

I'm also not happy that CR is back in the random list, everyone hates it and leaves and it's a pain, it was much better when they removed it from the random queue list and made everyone happy but I guess our happiness doesn't matter, and personally there are dungeons on the advanced list now which I have never done in my life and never intended to either and I though I have no intention of avoiding the advanced queue and missing out on my daily AD, I am sure there are going to be some majorly p!ssed-off players when I don't know wtf I'm doing. I just had no intention of ever doing them and now I'm being forced into them. Thankyou ever so much Cryptic for knowing better than I do what I want and forcing me to do it.
    Yeah I'm particularly concerned about Infernal Citadel being in that queue...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

armadeonx said:

Just run the dungeon queue multiple times if you don't have a good group for the Advanced Queue. The 80k bonus AD limit should be more than enough to hit the refinement cap.

armadeonx said:

All hated, avoided and misunderstood dungeons are now packed together. So, it is appropriate arrangement - you cannot randomly get a simple dungeon in that queue any more. It assures that the big chunk of bonus rAD will have to be deserved, not just run to.
    arazith07 said:

armadeonx said:

Just run the dungeon queue multiple times if you don't have a good group for the Advanced Queue. The 80k bonus AD limit should be more than enough to hit the refinement cap.
    But you get currency in the SH for the advanced which I also like to get.
    Last ever comments in PE zone chat were about cake and pie.

Last ever comments in PE zone chat were about cake and pie.

Pie > Cake :)
    All I can say is that by virtue of all the resets in the past and the carnage left behind I'm glad I had the common sense yesterday to make screenshots of all my ability point history for both pathways in case I logged in and it was all gone. It was. WTF.
  • olafeolafe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I also have the companions of the Hall with the 50 % off and i cannot find them in myt reclaim .. when will this bug be adressed ? if anyone knows cause i bought it with my newly bard and not with my main char :D
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    So, the random dungeon que is great...where all the level 5 folks have access. Just ran an fbi, no one knew what was going on, of course. Now, I could give a HAMSTER less about the dungeons in the advance dungeon que...anymore, I just like the previuosly known as Epic Dungeons and that's usually what I run. And even though the rewards have been reduced I would still just run more of them to get the cap...well, I would have...

But in this new era of everything for the new player and eff the long time players, I have to say, cryptic is out of their damn minds. Not only do you now want long time players to carry your army of new-to-game players through content but I guess we are expected to merrily type along the way and explain all the mechanics to these guys. To be cryptic's personal coaches I suppose. Well I can say that I'm not queing up every day for enjoyment just to lead a bunch of buffed level 5's through previously enjoyable content (to me anyways).

But wait, there's more...I am also not going to proclaim how I'm gonna quit or no longer going to do those ques...nah. Instead, I'm gonna go in and if it's normal level 20 folks, I shall proceed as normal but if it's those little buffed 5'ers you want us to cultivate in your greedy little game, Im just going to carry them half-way thru the dungeon and leave. Nothing wrong with an impromtu game of survivor I don't think. And I'm gonna do that often :)

Sorry 'bout the typos and whatever above ^^ but I seem to be outta F's to give.

• stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Now legendary comp account wide like batiri and alpha compy are bound on pickup?
  • bestplayersme2bestplayersme2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Need Help? After the upate my character selection screen will not load fully and Neverwinter crashes. I've reinstalled as a hopefull fix but it didn't work.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Welp, seems the difficulty for the good ol standard dungeons wasnt reduced, at least as far as I can tell. At this point and in accordance with my intentions listed just a few posts above this one, I have now left a few dungeons. I guess I should at least offer some observations...

My latest case, I entered an ECC...at the final boss with a level 5 an 8 and a mighty 12...and a level 20 dude that was like 27k (for what it's worth). Looking at the pain giver, the 27k guy had been doing all the heavy lifting. One of them said "thank god" upon my arrival. Cute really but sad as well because I informed those reading the chat that I wasn't there to carry and I left. Immediatley crushing his/her hope most likely. And my observation is this...these buffed low level folks, if they are new players, do not have the experience and thus lack the skill to complete these dungeons without the over burdened carry from experienced and/or geared players. And I've seen this a few times, well every time I've qued for those dungeons at this point.

So I will continue to pop into these dungeons and fill the struggling yet beloved new players with hope as I enrich their lives with some solid tanking skills (in my mind at least). And when all seems smooth, safe and enjoyable, poof, I'm out that HAMSTER. Leaving them confused, angry and possibly feeling betrayed the same as this wonderful company enjoys doing to it's the old players.

Quick note, I'm not asking you, Cryptic, to fix any of this. No worries there, just keep on with yer focus on the beloved new players and yer coin as you please. I'm just letting you know it's gonna be a bit of a rough ride for your little favs, that's all :)

Now if you read this and think, damn, this guy is just wrong,,,welp, you'd be damn right. But as I rummage around in my bag, it seems I am still all out of F's to give.