test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DPS Need More Speed

So I tanked LoMM last night. It was an ok run but not fun. I killed most of the mobs myself because the DPS were so far behind most of the run. The run would have gone smoother and been more fun if the dps were faster. Maybe we can more movement speed sometime in the future?

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    You mean like next week?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'm guessing that your tank is a maxed out Fighter? I'm basing that on your speed resources and that you have the luxury of slotting for DPS as a tank.

As far as I can remember, only 4 classes have class features that boost movement speed - three of those are melee oriented (Paladin being the odd one out, a melee class with no movement boost) so even with the incoming change of XP sources becoming movement speed sources, you will still have this issue (assuming you slot azures).

It would be nice if all classes had a movement boosting class feature, especially the DC healer but I can't see them making such a change.

However, posting here that you practically soloed LOMM on a Fighter Vanguard is kinda dangerous - it's the kind of thing that gets classes nerfed...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • wilbur626wilbur626 Member Posts: 1,019 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I'm guessing that your tank is a maxed out Fighter? I'm basing that on your speed resources and that you have the luxury of slotting for DPS as a tank.

As far as I can remember, only 4 classes have class features that boost movement speed - three of those are melee oriented (Paladin being the odd one out, a melee class with no movement boost) so even with the incoming change of XP sources becoming movement speed sources, you will still have this issue (assuming you slot azures).

It would be nice if all classes had a movement boosting class feature, especially the DC healer but I can't see them making such a change.

However, posting here that you practically soloed LOMM on a Fighter Vanguard is kinda dangerous - it's the kind of thing that gets classes nerfed...

Nerfing the Fighter Vanguard is long overdue and would be a very effective way of achieving tank class balance.
    Elite Whaleboy