test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Jared Sears/Silvery Interview

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
I watched the YouTube Video.... very informative, also very Funny... especially the part where Jared and Silvery talked about the cost of upgrading Mount Collars. I think Jared needs to know the facts..... and the Math behind actually upgrading a collar

1.) Greater Shards drop rarely if ever. I Average about 1 a month ...True story
2.) You need 50 ( at a cost of 150,000 AD Currently) EACH = 7.5 million (Epic to Legendary) x 5 collars = 37.5 Million AD
3.) You need 100 to Mythic (150,000ad x 100) = 15 million AD x 5 = 75 Million AD

(LMAO As if any on can make that kind of AD in a reasonable amount time.)

Mythic collars is a carrot held over a Horse that will never eat it plain and simple, so, just be honest and tell people the truth, yes it is possible to make a Mythic, but the probability is almost 0.

But, it is what is it, and get by with Epics. Just my Honest feedback to the Video.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Guess you skipped the part where they may have more sources of the reagents in the future. Besides, it's by no means a requirement to be able to perform well in this game.
  • highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

Guess you skipped the part where they may have more sources of the reagents in the future. Besides, it's by no means a requirement to be able to perform well in this game.

I guess YOU skipped the part where I said " And We get by with Epics", and of course it isn't a "requirement" to preform well, did I Say it was?

My point was, if you actually watched the Video, Jared talks about it as "People don't View collars as that hard to upgrade" Really??? What people is he talking about, because in all my Alliance, there are 3 players with 5 Mythic Collars since it first came out. People don't find them hard to upgrade... they find them IMPOSSIBLE is all I am saying.

arazith07 said:

I guess YOU skipped the part where I said " And We get by with Epics", and of course it isn't a "requirement" to preform well, did I Say it was?

My point was, if you actually watched the Video, Jared talks about it as "People don't View collars as that hard to upgrade" Really??? What people is he talking about, because in all my Alliance, there are 3 players with 5 Mythic Collars since it first came out. People don't find them hard to upgrade... they find them IMPOSSIBLE is all I am saying.

They are meant to be the last thing you upgrade due to the amount of resources needed. Something to work on for high end players who have literally nothing else to do.
    edited July 2021
    well, I can all but bet, in the next 3 yrs ( which is a possibility to get 5 Mythic ) the collars may not even be relative so....

To which my point was ... again, just commenting on Jared's statement that people are finding them NOT that hard to update. That's it... do not turn this into anything else. I don't care if it is a side thing to do, that was NOT my statement.

The fact that anyone would spend 112 Million AD on 5 collars is just crazy to most, ( not all) but most....regardless on how long it takes.
  • walker#8832 walker Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Collars give small benefits at huge cost as you rank them up, and that's not just the cost to acquire and upgrade.

They increase item level a lot and don't increase your stats anywhere near as much to keep up. As a result, they really trash your stat percentages, which in scaled content (that's almost everything) leaves you weaker. In non-scaled content you do get a bit better deal, since the item level will boost your damage and health, but still.

Now if they fixed that, so your stats kept pace with the item level boost, then they would be genuinely worthwhile. As it is, even if I had a bunch of mythic collars I wouldn't be using them.

Walker
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    And because of the IL on them leading to stat reductions, at least 3 of those collars have a dubious value even in unscaled content. For scaled content they are an obvious loss of fighting power.

So it is not only the cost that is a barrier to upgrading.

well, I can all but bet, in the next 3 yrs ( which is a possibility to get 5 Mythic ) the collars may not even be relative so....

To which my point was ... again, just commenting on Jared's statement that people are finding them NOT that hard to update. That's it... do not turn this into anything else. I don't care if it is a side thing to do, that was NOT my statement.

The fact that anyone would spend 112 Million AD on 5 collars is just crazy to most, ( not all) but most....regardless on how long it takes.

Okay...so why are you even posting to begin with? Are you trying to change something or just complaining? If it's the later, I'm saying to just don't worry about upgrading them to Mythic.
    Just making a point to Jared.... that his statement is unfounded and/or information is incorrect, with a hope that maybe they will take a look at the "real" numbers needed (for future things as well) to upgrade and realize that the collars or anything else they may create like a collar are not something most (once again) are willing to spend time and resources on due to the outrageous cost.

I mean seriously, as something to work on when there is a lack of content...would take what, maybe 5 - 6 years for someone to get 5 Mythic? No one thinks that far out ahead.

I am a End Gamer and I have one Legendary and 4 Epic collars and I do just fine but... just hoping in the future,when they create something/anything for us that they keep in mind the basic overall theme of NWO, and that nothing ever stays the same and most things get outdated so... make it something we can get reasonably in a year, year and a half... not 3- 5 yrs.

Put a "real" world value on items they create... Mythic Collars should not cost 37 million each as even End Gamers like me will never have that kind of resources EVER!

Now, if they had made it 25 shards to Legenday and 50 to Mythic, would be a bit more realistic as a "side thing to work on". Then it would only take about a year or so. Awesome.

Mythic Mounts and Companions, which are actually needed at Mythic are about 1/10th that cost. That is a realistic cost that most can achieve in a reasonable amount of time.

Just hoping that they keep the 90-95% of the player base in mind when creating new "things" in the future and don't do it just for the top 1.. 5 or 10%. I have seen to many players leave ( Many End Gamers) when they actually realize that the cost and time is just to much to achieve ... and that worries me. I LOVE THIS GAME... I want it to succeed.
    There are plenty of games that have a much steeper real world value than Mythic Collars do. EVE Online for example have ships that would cost $10,000+ as their endgame. MMOs are about creating or building up things for years, even as an above average player. Something that is true with this game especially though, things get easier to farm over time. We only just got collars added as a system, let the whales whale and fund the game for us and likely further down the road it won't take years to upgrade something.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    I just loved how Silvery put some dungeon runs on the background and it accidentally turned out as a showcase of the most glaring bugs in MSP and eLoL...

Anyway, Jared did not dodge any questions and stayed focused on the presented topics, so his interviews ended up as an interesting insight.
    Even though I do not agree with some decisions or balance touches, at least from such interviews you kinda get the idea that the game design and development here might be a bit more than randomly pressing keyboard. ;)