test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quation about Barbarian blade master

flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
Blood letter

Deal physical damage to target enemy.
Magnitude: 520
Added Effect: Absorbs damage dealt as hit points.

Note the added effect. Does mean that you get HP from this or can some explain how the absorb damage as HP works.

Especially when combined with the Bloodspiller feat at Level 50 which ups magnitude by 400 but cause some damage to you when used.

Would not some of this be absord by the base skill itself based on the increased damage?

Comments

• admiralwarlord#3792 admiralwarlord Member Posts: 611 Arc User
    I don't see an error in the description.

Without the class feature: HP recovery (fake lifesteal);
    With the class feature there is an exchange of this recovery for more damage, but dealing damage to you.

One more of the peculiarities of the class, but this one at least serves for you to activate the damage gain gloves that drop in Vallenhas, while others are just bizarre.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited July 2021

Blood letter

Magnitude: 520
    Added Effect: Absorbs damage dealt as hit points.

Note the added effect. Does mean that you get HP from this or can some explain how the absorb damage as HP works.

Especially when combined with the Bloodspiller feat at Level 50 which ups magnitude by 400 but cause some damage to you when used.

Would not some of this be absord by the base skill itself based on the increased damage?

This one is quite clear. If you use Blooderspiller feat, it changes the description of encounter Bloodletter to:

Magnitude: 920
    Added Effect: Damages self based on damage dealt.

The "Absorbs damage dealt as hit points" is gone.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    ahh but without blood spiller does it actually cause healing. I have not seen this healing in the combat logs.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,184 Arc User
    edited July 2021

ahh but without blood spiller does it actually cause healing. I have not seen this healing in the combat logs.

As far as I know, yes. You can see that from the HP bar. If you are in full health, you get nothing.
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kaksika88#1477 kaksika88 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    > @"flyball#6248" said:
    > ahh but without blood spiller does it actually cause healing. I have not seen this healing in the combat logs.

Yes it does, without the feat you get healed for a certain amount, but in a dungeon, it's better to get more damage than that 10-20k healing.