test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Lockboxes

Just a note, if any effort wanted to be made to lower the zen exchange backlog, simple adjustments to the loot tables in the astral lockbox could be made. Adjustments by adding existing stuff like Cold Iron Warriors, Swarms, and Dedicated Squires would increase the demand of the boxes. Or adding a new BiS mount or companion would work wonders as well. This is a great opportunity to increase the demand of diamonds. We can only hope this opportunity isn't wasted.

Comments

• sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Sorry to say this but the ZAX is not the best way to get AD from zen. The Zen market has many items that can can be purchased and then sold on the AH for a better exchange rate than the ZAX
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    @sjl3#9586 I think the OP is suggesting an AD sink or an alternative to ZAX, with more valuable items added to Astral Lockbox that are from Bazaar store, people are going sink their ADs there trying to get the sought after rewards.

This might work but not at a scale to help with ZAX. Most of us know that the more backlog ZAX is, players are likely going to spend real
    money for Zen (VIP, limited time items/etc), which mean NW gets more income.
  • mparcher#3106 mparcher Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    > @nic1985 said:
    > @sjl3#9586 I think the OP is suggesting an AD sink or an alternative to ZAX, with more valuable items added to Astral Lockbox that are from Bazaar store, people are going sink their ADs there trying to get the sought after rewards.
    >
    > This might work but not at a scale to help with ZAX. Most of us know that the more backlog ZAX is, players are likely going to spend real
    > money for Zen (VIP, limited time items/etc), which mean NW gets more income.

The PS4 economy is much different than PC. During the last astral lockbox event, the ZAX went from 42 million to 32 million. And this is with un-noteworthy items available in the lockbox. Imagine the AD sink that would occur if the astral lockbox dropped any high-demand item. As for PC, if I'm not mistaken, there is a much larger issue of billions/trillions of diamonds that were instantly created years ago that are still wreaking havoc on their platform. But for PS4 at least, the last astral lockbox event provided a nice glimpse of what can happen to the ZAX when diamonds become valuable again. As for using zen to buy zen market materials and then re-selling, that was thwarted during the last event because people weren't buying overpriced items in the AH, they were buying lockboxes. Prices of everything plummeted as the demand for diamonds went up. This has been shown time and time again and recently with a crappy lockbox. How about making a great lockbox and help righting the ship, Devs?
  • sjl3#9586 sjl3 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    When the ZAX backlog was at 42mil on PS4, I had 5 orders and the wait time was between 6 to 7 weeks. I replaced them as they were completed with orders at the present backlog of 33mil the wait is now 8 to 9 weeks. There must be a decrease in the amount of zen being offered, this is going to be hard to correct.