test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bounty Spawn Rates

I thought the bounty spawn rates were getting a buff with this last patch. I haven't tested all the spawns rates on the bounties, but Ripclaw still has the exact same spawn time of 10 min as before. Is this the time that's intended?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Yes, it is still 10 minutes for most (if not all) bounty location. The bounty spawn rate probably means how many bounty monster actually spawned instead of non-bounty alternative after 10 minutes.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    doublewulfdoublewulf Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    In the Grove, the time between spawns has not changed nor has the number.
    The only thing that might have changed is the quantity of normal mobs you have to kill to make the bounty spawn instead of the placeholder. However this isn't easily tested or quantified. It's also very misleading given that the patch notes mentioned time between spawns and but any other qualifying factors.
    Meanwhile in the Ruins two bounties spawn on top of each other, and in the case of the Cyclops, there's a stack of regular mobs underneath, so you think you're targeting one bounty but you're actually getting two bounties and four mob Cyclops. Sure it's faster to complete the bounty quest but it's a pyrrhic victory.
  • Options
    methuslah#7626 methuslah Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    The % you get from the bounty mobs was increased from 10/20/50% to 20/40/60%, which has reduced the number you have to kill in most cases. You do not need to kill any mobs to trigger a bounty spawn, they are all on a fixed timer and spawn 10 minutes after the ph/bounty was killed. That remains unchanged.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited June 2021

The % you get from the bounty mobs was increased from 10/20/50% to 20/40/60%, which has reduced the number you have to kill in most cases. You do not need to kill any mobs to trigger a bounty spawn, they are all on a fixed timer and spawn 10 minutes after the ph/bounty was killed. That remains unchanged.

+1. As far as I know there is no need (or even matter) to kill any mob to trigger at all. It is always 10 minutes apart to spawn something, either the bounty one or a non-bounty one. Killing a bounty or non-bounty, it will spawn either one 10 minutes later. That is the reason why I did not need to camp at all. What I need to do is to write down when the last one (either type) was killed and come back 10 minutes later. I kill the non-bounty so that I can mark the time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***