test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time out bug

Every time I enter an instance for either Random: Trial Queue or for Random: Epic Dungeon Queue, the game server times out. Then immediately afterwards, when logging back in, I get a login time out error. After that, I am able to log in and join the queue instance, but I have missed the first few minutes of the trial or dungeon by that time.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Did this start recently?
  • danielgoldstrawdanielgoldstraw Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This has been happening to me too, its everyday for the past 2 months, it starts with a long loading screen into small areas as well like in the vallenhas houses, master expeditions, dungeon queues, all kind of stuff and I also get a double time out and one of my friends had that happen to him going into Shores and he was about to get kicked out, I told the people in the Skirmish that he disconnected and they all left me with my friend, this is on Xbox.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    It happened to a guildy I was queuing with on xbox a couple of weeks ago - we were loading into the demogorgon trial.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • mr9000rpm#7375 mr9000rpm Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    This has been happening to both me and my guild leader. We noticed this immediately upon the combat rework update and has been a consistent issue since then. Sometimes it happens more than others during a session but it WILL HAPPEN EVERY DAY I play the game. Happens going into anything that is instanced ie: dungeons, trials, dig sites ,etc. Same issue as above, it times out, kicks me to login screen. Fails to log in at least once more after that. Sign back in and depending on what you just timed out for you may have missed half the dungeon, or your team starts without you (svardborg). Either way it is very frustrating.
    @nitocris83
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    @nitocris83 this has been happening to me as well, everyday, at least once or twice, and I am on PC. So it is not strictly console related.
  • mr9000rpm#7375 mr9000rpm Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I forgot to mention I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game to remedy this. Also have attempted modem/router reset in attempt to remedy. Neither helped. I understand disconnects happen from time to time but the daily reoccurrence and the frequency of it happening during a few hours of gaming is just too much.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User

Did this start recently?

This has been going on for years on PC.

https://arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/comment/13182609