test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

merchant purchases

flyball#6248 flyball Member Posts: 219 Arc User
So why are tradebar merchant purchase bound to character as opposed to bound to account like other means of purchasing items. I just waste 1000 tradebars on Arturias music box which my character had but was going to move to another character and it came character bound and not account bound. (that toon already has one bound to him and does not need another.

Had I known the tb merchant is binding to character I would have transfered the tradebars to my other character and made the purchase. I kind of fell ripped off.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited May 2021

So why are tradebar merchant purchase bound to character as opposed to bound to account like other means of purchasing items. I just waste 1000 tradebars on Arturias music box which my character had but was going to move to another character and it came character bound and not account bound. (that toon already has one bound to him and does not need another.

Had I known the tb merchant is binding to character I would have transfered the tradebars to my other character and made the purchase. I kind of fell ripped off.

A big portion of T-bar purchase is bound to character. It is on the tooltip telling you how it is bound. It is the same for any kind of purchase in various stores. "Same" in terms of "you have to check every time and you cannot assume the bound type". What you bought yesterday potentially can be changed when you buy the same thing tomorrow.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    That sucks :( Easy enough to happen though. Put in a support ticket and see if they will move it for you.
  • Options
    Ticket submitted but I won't hold my breath,
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Stick the trade bars in your bank and pull them out on the character you want the trinket on.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    demenoss#9306 demenoss Member Posts: 205 Arc User

This is why I always put my tradebars in the bank ever since they added that feature... Just saying.
    Guild: Noble Misfits
    Silky Pan'teeze: Drow Wizard --- Madres de Nasae: Half-elf Rouge
    Kepler: Human Paladin --- Demenoss: Dragonborn Barbarian
    Divine Pan'teeze: Drow Cleric --- Nikki Sharparrow: Human Ranger
  • Options
    Well I am very impressed with customer support ,,,thank you GM Twylabite and GM Ovric your kndness is greatly appreciated.

Thank you to the others above who have given great advice on using the shared account to hold all the ad, tradebars etc...