test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is it possible to demote a rank 7 if they don't want to be demoted?

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
or can they as a rank 7 just deny the demotion and stay rank 7 forever?

need some clarification on this issue please.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    They should not be able to deny/cancel their own demotion. If you experience something different, please let us know.
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I believe if their alts are rank 7, then their alts can cancel the demotion, but they can't cancel their own demotion. I don't believe the inability to deny/cancel is across the whole @handle. And you can only demote one toon at a time, not a whole @handle. (tested on preview, this is correct, I can demote/promote my alts, when I log that alt in, I cannot cancel the demotion pending, but any other guild leader alt can).

While a demotion is occuring, you cannote promote someone else to guild leader, and you cannot demote someone while someone is in their "14 day provisional" rank 7

When these changes came in, my guild made a policy that each guild leader only has one toon at rank 7, all other toons are rank 6 or below, and because you can only demote one toon at a time, the toons that were not staying at rank 7 left the guild and were then reinvited and promoted back up to rank 6, this was the fastest and most efficient (and also the most ridiculous) way to get it done.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    All characters in a guild from the same account should have the same rank. Promotion/demotion should then apply to all the characters.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother