test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Warlock Daily - Soul Siphon

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
I'd like to ask that Soul Siphon be reviewed again in the new combat system. With the new enemy movement this power is rather frustrating to use. It plants your feet and just invites frustrating 1 shots, in harder/newer content anyways. If you don't want to reduce the cast time, can it be done so we can still move while casting?

The situation that made me write this post was the maze in vos. The lovely splitting of the party. Still not sure how that is decided but in this particular run the game thought it was a good idea to put me as a warlock alone. There is only so much I can do against that mob while alone. I was fine until I used my daily and was planted to the ground. I can run my TR and be separated alone without issue because of roll, stealth, and other tricks.

The arena parts of the maze(And other areas of the dungeon) are also a problem for the simple fact that a red circle on the ground appears and I'm hit by the enemy faster than my daily can cast. There is no opportunity to avoid without canceling the daily. To me this is not smooth and fun combat, but with a small change I think it could be!