test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Do companions bonuses ignore stat caps?

nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
Do companions bonuses ignore stat caps?. Say you have the max of 90% total, and your rating for a particular stat is maxed at 50%(which i believe is the max when at 90% total). Do companion bonuses that say things like "10% chance to increase CA BY 10%" for example give you the damage buff, or will it not give you it if you're maxed on the actual stat line.

Comments

• Options
    brb89brb89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    nope man, those ability are capped. the only thing u can do is to use that ability and lower stat to have full use of it. For example i use fire archon, wild storm hunter, and other companion to have 90% of combat advantage. that let me have less stat (3/4k) in combat adv under the itemlevel cap. This can let me save stat to invest in something else
  • Options
    nibs#8955 nibs Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Ok thanks for the reply. Even more careful now not to waste slot bonuses where it's not needed. Plus most companion effect bonuses are all only a 10% chance to trigger, so it's deciding whether or not to just use a static companion buff to have that constant buff(which is usually a smaller buff compared to effect buffs), or to use an effect buff and hope it triggers enough to make it worthwhile over a smaller but constant stat buff.
  • Options
    brb89brb89 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    yeah most are only 10% chance to activate, but u have to check how they proc: as mine given example, fire archon and wildstorm hunter, they proc for x seconds (if i remember 10 seconds?) but if they proc again, that reset this time, so u can have that % procced for ever until u stop hitting. As sw i can spam at will and encounter frequently, so this bonus are always uptime. There are istead some other proc that can't be refreshed, like goristo's horn stacks: each stack have indipendent activation time, so a new stack doesnt refresh the time of the other stacks. In this case is difficult to have a 100% uptime ability. So u have to pay attention in how an ability can proc and how they proc.