test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rod of Imperial Restraint not rooting zombies in CN Rift

rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
I submitted a ticket on this and they have passed it on to the devs but they requested I also post on the forum so I'm here.

Rod of Imperial Restraint is not rooting zombies in the Rift section of Castle Never, animations happen and roots surround the main target but the zombie keeps walking as if nothing happened totally unaffected.

Artifact is mythic.

Seeing this section of CN was re-worked and the zombies are now behaving differently to how they used to it seems something has gone amiss between the artifact ability and the zombies ability. Rooting works for Rangers, they stop dead in their tracks, and Wizards freeze them fine, just this artifact is not stopping them at all.

Hopefully it will be fixed shortly as I spent over half a million AD on upgrading it to mythic for this one purpose.

Cheers.
Apparently pointing-out the bleeding obvious is a 'personal attack'.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    What's your control rating?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • rockster#6227 rockster Member Posts: 1,860 Arc User
    That shouldn't matter with this artifact. It roots the target for 4 seconds as it's main function, period. To be clear, I'm not looking for answers from other players as to why it may not be working 'for me', I was requested by support to post this here in the bug section to supplement the original report for the devs attention and also to advise other players maybe having the same issue. The answer I received from support was as follows: Quote: "I do hope so as well since other rooting abilities seem to be funcitiong (sic) but not for the Rod of Imperial Restraint artifact. Any updates about it will be announced on the patch notes via the news page or forum of Neverwinter." So they know it's bugged and are looking into it. I'm only posting it here because I was asked to, not because I'm looking for more information. I tested it in Icewind Dale and it roots the giants there fine and I also tested it in Marauders and it worked fine there as well, it is just in the Rift with the zombies it is doing nothing whatsoever so it's likely the new zombie coding not working in harmony with the artifact coding for whatever reason.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    They probably flagged those enemies differently - should be a simple fix if they can be bothered.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    And like everything else, is most likely tied to the character's control rating.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    The artifact has had the same behaviour since the beginning of the game. It roots a main target and they stand still for a number of seconds. It either works or it doesn't and has nothing to do with ratings.
    armadeonx said:

They probably flagged those enemies differently - should be a simple fix if they can be bothered.

The way they act now, if I stand right up against one of them in the direction they're walking (impossible before as they killed you but you can touch them now and they don't do anything to you) and position myself exactly between them and the direction of the sphere, they will stop as they butt-up against you and won't move, that is until the AI eventually moves them around you and keeps them going. So just putting your character in front of them stops them and they don't even push you along like the npcs would in PE for instance. When I use the artifact on them the pace at which they're walking doesn't alter one bit, they don't even slow at all.
    Here, seeing I seem to be making videos of bugs today, I made this to show how the rod is not holding the zombies. It's supposed to hold enemies for 4 seconds to one spot, period. It does it to other enemies, the ones in Marauders, even the giants in Icewind Pass, just not these ones. There's something wrong with them and because their movement to the sphere is the one and only point in this exercise, whatever means the game gives us to disable their movement must work properly. In the first example you can see it looked like it slowed from the ice but the rod did nothing, in the second example a minute later it's just a sad joke. @nitocris83 can they do something about it please.

https://youtu.be/fjRDM0qoauQ
  • seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    It seems to be a similar problem to what I mentioned about the rooting ability of rangers a few months ago. Although it was not limited to that place and has already been partially fixed ...
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Welcome to Control Effects in Neverwinter. None of them work the way they are described. At All. It seems they gave adds an insane amount of Control Resistance and even building a HEAVY Control Bonus build doesn't come close to what the Crowd Control effects state.