test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

pvp

pzg33#7278 pzg33 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
for the love of god plz make it so pvp gear is the best gear in pvp. this would massively help with super geared pve people stomping new players and make the pvp gear, you know, actually worth getting. never seen a game as confused as this one pvpwise.

Comments

• trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2021

for the love of god plz make it so pvp gear is the best gear in pvp. this would massively help with super geared pve people stomping new players and make the pvp gear, you know, actually worth getting. never seen a game as confused as this one pvpwise.

We used to have tenacity stat attached to PVP gear, which did make PVP gear best gear in PVP. But the problem with this implementation was tenacity wasn't just making the PVP gear the best, it was making it required to have PVP gear, you would die in seconds in PVP without it back then. If PVP gear had been easy to get and if we had loadouts like we do now, this wouldn't have been an issue, but PVP gear back when it was relevant was time gated and somewhat hard to get. So every new player went through a hazing ritual of queuing for PVP to get the bare minimum gear that was required for them to be useful in PVP.

If they bring up to date PVP gear back and make it the best in PVP, they need to either sell it for like 1 copper in trade of blades or make it just a little bit better than PVE stuff is in PVP.

They could also do multiple PVP gear sets. One good cheep one they sell for 1 copper. And then 1 BIS set that is harder to earn and a little bit better than both PVE gear and the other PVP gear set.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    there are less than 100 people playing pvp and the only people that were were gaming the system for the leaderboard rewards. Pretty sure pvp is just going to die a stagnating death from here on out other than chicken pvp
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2021

there are less than 100 people playing pvp and the only people that were were gaming the system for the leaderboard rewards. Pretty sure pvp is just going to die a stagnating death from here on out other than chicken pvp

There are more PVPers than that, need to count all 3 platforms. PC usually has around 30 through 40 pages each season, Ps4 usually has around 50 pages or more, and xbox has aaround 20 pages usually. Even taking alts into account, that is a lot more than 100.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited April 2021

There are more PVPers than that, need to count all 3 platforms. PC usually has around 30 through 40 pages each season, Ps4 usually has around 50 pages or more, and xbox has aaround 20 pages usually. Even taking alts into account, that is a lot more than 100.

I meant per platform. on xbox I went thru the season last season and counted out all the obvious duplicates and it was about 120 people in total. and that was just from counting out the names I recognized. I'm sure there were some in there I missed although it seems like a particularly small community. on pc I know a bunch of people who more or less do it for the free stuff and they game it because none of them likes doing it. So I'm guessing that has a lot more to do with it than actually being many more pvper's. as far as ps4 I don't know but I'd suspect the same as they also are extremely expensive. there might be more of that developing on xbox too as we are also now becoming very expensive thanks to whiteside the destroyer of economies lol.