test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bugs with scaling for lower level content

heya16#9052 heya16 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
I went into a temple of spider a week ago and it was so difficult it took 40 mins to complete it and I feel a lower level players wouldn’t be able to do it also same for acquisitions inc it was to hard on my level 80 with my 65% power character and feel like starting players wouldn’t be able to get there first boons if you can do something about this issue please do it would be much appreciated best regards heya16

Comments

• armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I often run my 30k Guardian tank and 30k Warlock healer through the 'easy' level dungeons and they really aren't easy now.

I usually find myself in a group where I'm the only L80 and they really do struggle - much more so than if I'm running the 'hard' version on my 40k+ characters in a full L80 group. Often it's not the entire dungeon, but certain parts of it.

On the Cloak Tower, the group usually get to the last boss without too big an issue, but that last boss hits HARD and halfway through her health a ton of adds appear (that's the real issue) and I've seen a few party wipes (which never happened before).

On one run where all DPS were around level 30, I entered the group at the last boss as the previous healer had quit - they'd tried a few times before that apparently. We wiped twice. I saw all the dps were guildless so I sent a guild invite to the player highest on paingiver (a rogue) and told him how to equip the guild boons (GH20, power & defence boons) and with that we scraped a win. I mean scraped as 3 of the group died and I had to use a scroll of life...

So yeah, I agree with the OP that the levelling dungeons need some adjustments - particularly with the number of adds that spawn of final bosses - they surround the teams.

Bear in mind that often the players have only unlocked half of their powers/skills. Whilst I appreciate that it can be considered good 'training' for later content, training isn't usually harder than the job itself.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I used to run RDQ everyday with my 30k paladin and warlock healer as well for an easy 10k rAD and I stopped doing that for essentially the same reason you just described in your post.

for me it was just a benefit thing as it was easy extra rAD that RDQ provided and it only took at the most 15 to 20 minutes to do. Now it is 2 or 3 times longer to do and for me it was just boring to have one of my level 80 toons sit there for 2+ minutes fighting one mob in a leveling dungeon and with either toon it was not really fighting as it was just waiting for the mob to die.

In terms of the end boss fights when I am the only level 80 it generally feels more like a solo match to me and the few times I did the RDQ it actually ended up being just that. While I realize that scaling is there to make level 80s weak and pathetic it felt to me like the scaling was actually way worse for them than it was for me.

Basically, now that leveling dungeons are almost exactly like an epic dungeon I will not waste my time with it. The only difference I can really see now is that with epic and trial content it seems to be more fun for me to do and you get way better rewards at the end.

While I do feel sorry for the players that only have that available to them I do not feel sorry enough to put myself through it.