test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about the Astral Diamonds Exchange

I'm just curious - @thefiresidecat 's thread on the zax has me wondering about things, but I don't want to derail that thread.

I'd like to know what the natural ratio of Zen:AD would be on PS4. It's obviously not 1:750, otherwise that ~million zen a day coming in would keep it cleared out.

I settled on the value of a rank 14 brutal enchantment - under the assumption that its value isn't solely based on its price in the Zen market since it's something that a player can produce through farming and upgrades. If that's a bad assumption, can someone suggest another item in the Auction House that better reflects the actual ratio of Zen:AD?

If the highest current bid in the AH for a Brutal Rank14 is 476,805 AD, which you can tentatively purchase/gamble-for through the Refinement Pack for 400 Zen, then that would set the ratio of Zen to AD at around 1:1200.... right? wrong? If I'm way off, I'm way off. As I said, I'm just curious.

I'd be interested to read anyone's thoughts or conjectures.

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Nobody knows about what the natural ratio is unless there is no cap. Your question is like asking what is the natural share price of Microsoft. It is whatever it is in the stock market since there is no cap.

The ratio depends on how much the Zen holder wants to pay to get AD and how much AD holder wants to pay to get Zen.

Everything in AH and Zax depend on supply and demand. The price means something only when the transaction actually executes.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    400 zen costs you 300,000 AD @ 750 ad per ad
  • johnnystranger#5900 johnnystranger Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    The AH and Zen exchange are two different stores . Zen is fixed pricing (750 ad for 1 zen atm ) meanwhile the AH the prices are generally more AD to purchase than if you converted your AD thru exchange and bought from Zen store . If the item was available in Zen .
    Ie , metallic Dragonborn , if bought with zen and 20% coupon , 1200 zen would be your price or 1.2 million Ad for comparison . This would be the ad amount you spent but in zen . Now this same metallic Dragonborn sells for 2.3 m or thereabouts in AH . So to buy with AD from AH would be more obviously.
    Take into consideration that zen takes a month or so to exchange thru ZAX . Limited sales drive AH prices . As well as scarcity and demand .
    Not sure if this helps :)
  • brooksjedibrooksjedi Member Posts: 1 New User
    I've only been playing a few weeks and I still don't understand how it even works!