test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Make an Emperor Beatle that Flies 100%!

Lovely Emperor Beatle.. But it has such a nice flight pattern!!! Can't you make one that flies 100%? It's awesome - insect wings and nice flight pattern! Only hopping on the beatle but can't you guys program one that flies 100% - yeah a real flying mount - an insect - a flying beatle! It'll be incredible! Thanks and L8ER!

Comments

• Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Never going to happen. The same reason Carpets, Griffions, even the $40 angel wings from the zen store DO NOT fly. Every mount either hovers or floats, a meter at best, above the ground. A real quick way to see the "issues" of flight in almost any zone can be done by one and all.

Choose the zone you want to fly around and type into chat: /demo_record fly.demo and Enter. Wait about 2 to 3 minutes then issue the stop command: /demo_record_stop and exit the game.

Find the folder on your hard drive Cryptic Studios\Neverwinter\Live and use File - Open Windows Powershell. At the prompt you need to type: x64\GameClient.exe -demoplay fly.demo

This will start the game offline running the demo, there is no need to log in. After the demo starts playing you can press the F2 key to unlock the camera. To fly around you can use the keyboard and mouse. W is forward, if I recall holding the middle mouse button allows you to free aim. There are few people who know all the shortcut keys, F4 shows a wireframe projection, this tool made by Cryptic in all the games is poorly developed as their standard.

Flying around in some places works (it actually looks good) but most maps quickly show the backdrops, props, and breaks the illusion. Big open maps like Well of Dragons, Strongholds, and Barovia are good.

*edited for syntax
    Post edited by sameriker on
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    oktlryk#2717 oktlryk Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I mean like when it hops - that 'hover' is enough lol - like wings and stuff - carpet etc
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I get tired of having to visit a cleric every time I ride a broom to have my knees repaired.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    oktlryk#2717 oktlryk Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Of course a full scale flying 'mount' would be the ultimate experience! Imagine flying above the forests and cities, it'd be great fun! Greywyd - have you tried the Winter Festival version? LoL!
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User

have you tried the Winter Festival version? LoL!

One of my character uses the Winter Festival version. He is okay with it because he has a peg leg. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***