test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ranger's encounter mechanic issue

seekey#7769 seekey Member Posts: 177 Arc User
edited February 2021 in Bug Reports (PC)
Most of the ranger's abilities that using strong roots is having a long delay to apply the roots or they missing the target(s) entirely.
The Cordon of arrows skill does not root target(s) unless they stand still for 2 or 3 sec and it is useless against moving target(s) because it is applying the roots after the target(s) leaving the designated location.
The Constricting arrow skill also applying the roots with a delay which is frequently causing the skill to miss the additional targets.
The Hindering shot skill in melee stance also using strong grasping roots and it is also frequently misses the target entirely in that case it means 0 damage and no roots applied.
This problem affects both paragon paths and with this the rangers loosing not only damage but defense as well.
The in-game bug report number is (414430).
Post edited by seekey#7769 on

Comments

• Options
    colemcmcolemcm Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Sometimes even longer. I once counted 7 seconds between when Cordon of Arrows landed and when the roots bit. I made a comment about it last week or so. Got no response.
  • Options
    edited February 2021

i took this image in 1-2 seconds after using constricting arrow ability which is using strong grasping roots
    and here the Grasping roots mechanic description

if I based on the description, they should have be on the ship and being immobilized by the roots at the time. Yet they had almost reached my location.
    I meant this sort of occurrence when i wrote "it is useless against moving target(s) because it is applying the roots after the target(s) leaving the designated location." Well the ability is different but the effect is the same.
    Is the grasping roots supposed to work like that?
    Post edited by seekey#7769 on
  • Options
    And noone still cares about this ...
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    Also, strong roots won't apply to enemies nearby of the main target as the description says, pls fix that.
  • Options
    colemcmcolemcm Member Posts: 37 Arc User

Apparently not. Multiple posts have been made about this for weeks now and we cannot even get an acknowledgement that they're aware of the problem.
  • Options
    colemcm said:

Apparently not. Multiple posts have been made about this for weeks now and we cannot even get an acknowledgement that they're aware of the problem.
    Sadly, that's probably because the posts are multiple and not one post with multiple comments :(
  • Options
    mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    hopefully they find the root of the problem and fix it