test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add to zen market, and then nerf... Why?

Holy vorpal was added to the zen market, followed shortly after by a big nerf.
Flower barkshield made available via zen market, followed shortly after by a nerf.

Next time we see a 'special' enchantment added to the zen market will it be nerfed shortly after?
Maybe a rainbow bilethorn a few weeks before you cut the magnitude in half?

Comments

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    I thought Holy Vorpal was just an "appearance" item? I guess I might have read into that wrong. Maybe they believe people will buy them for their appearance only? I don't think so, I buy costumes, auras, and hideouts in Champions. These are things you can see 100% of the time. I wouldn't be so inclined to buy a combat only appearance item.

Just killing time...
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    It's an appearance variant, yes, but it's a working enchant. I think the comment is because both Vorpal and Barkshield keep getting adjusted along with their z store variants.

I wouldn't know, I never had anything but whatever's cheapest on AH, usually Terror and Shadowclad. Never got enough in my playing to get anything else.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.
  • blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    @eladonwarps#6040 assuming the icon is actual photo of you, great hair. I have long bushy hair and in my junior year at high school I shaved it bald. Every thought I was a "new guy", until they spoke with me. Then they told me "Never do this again, it was better looking the other way.". Over the summer it grew back and in my senior year there was some new students asking if I ever thought about cutting it. The old crowd, "NO! Don't tell him to do that!!" :trollface:

Back on topic, I always run with handouts from the guild, stuff I can buy in the AH, and things I think look cool. I think the last cool item I bought was the Tutor companion, back when module 15 was new. They put him back in the Zen store with some extras. But that is not saying he fights good, he is just cool.

Just killing time...
  • dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    Having items frequently nerfed after procuring (purchasing) them is one of the best examples I can think of for NOT spending any real world cash for anything like that in the game, I mean think about it...

If Neverwinter/Cryptic listed a wayward enchantment in the Zen Market then for no special reason bumped the stats on that enchantment even a bit, there would be some players throwing money into Neverwinter because what they were getting is something better than it was originally introduced as - and people might be more inclined to purchase other new items hoping for a similar bump.

Purchasing something in the Market then having the worth/value nerfed works just the opposite. Fewer people are willing to put real world money into something that winds up being worth less than it was when introduced and become less inclined to purchase something new figuring that even if it look good now, it is likely to have it's value nerfed in the near future.

I often get the feeling that Cryptic/Neverwinter are doing everything they can think of to discourage people from spending money in the game instead of encouraging people to do so.

DD~