test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DPS checks seem to have too much hp

xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Player Feedback (PC)
DPS checks in codg, tong and Cr have quite alot of HP making it extremely difficult to get through in a normal party.

Based on the recommended item levels for those dungeons and trial I feel like the HP for the DPS checks could be dialed back by 25% - 35%

I haven't tried the other DPS checks in places like map but they may be worth looking into as well

Comments

• Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Didn't played CR but yes the other two.

Codg pains are at the tentacle part (which feels they have so much hp the one shot charges fast) and Acererak. Sadly i ran it one time and when the last dps check came it was me, a tank and 3 dps only alive so we couldn't do it.

Tong has two big problems with the dps checks and are the second boss, which starts smooth but as soon as the poison/electric/fire phase starts, ppl start to lose hp FAST.
    Ras is not that hard but the souls take twice or three times as before to beat ONE. Took us three tries to beat it and we were lucky cuz the bar only charged 99% somehow.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Many levelling dungeon bosses and even some solo mobs like Black Dragonclaw will get tougher or spawn adds if DPS checks fail, but since so few people can reasonably beat them at intended IL/player level, they become almost guaranteed to fail.

I've yet to see Throne of Dwarven Gods or Demogorgon finish greater than Silver due to this. Effectively locking out the book rewards for Underdark Campaign Boons.
    Call me El, she/her only. Currently Professions-only until the next combat change fixes this mess.